Thread: Ex-Harley Guy

Ex-Harley Guy

Greetings from Wisconsin! FNG just moved up to an adult bike after the last twenty years on Harleys. If anyone's going to be in Leland the first Sunday in May I'll be sporting my 07' R12RT this year.

Funny...an "adult" bike! Welcome to the forum.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

warredon
    Quote Originally Posted by redcat43 View Post
    Greetings from Wisconsin! FNG just moved up to an adult bike after the last twenty years on Harleys. If anyone's going to be in Leland the first Sunday in May I'll be sporting my 07' R12RT this year.

Welcome aboard redcat! You will find a lot of ex Harley owners here along with many current Harley owners. The R12Rt is one fine machine, post a pic for all of us to see.

Where in Wisconsin? My dad was from north central Wisconsin.

Welcome aboard! I got my first adult bike (from a street glide) in August. You won't regret your purchase but you will wonder why it took you so long.

Enjoy,

Joel

Welcome from Illinois. Your gonna have some fun now.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    Welcome to the club! If you are in the SE part of the state you might want to check out the Wisconsin BMW club.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Wisconsin BMW Club

Thanks Kewlmoose. When and where does the Club meet. I'm just up the road near the Horicon Marsh.

Hey Redcat, I don't own a HD, but I sure like them. One is in my future.

But certainly, the R12RT is a more performing bike and you'll have fun.

HD riders tend to not rev the Boxer as much as they should. Keep your shifts in the 5k+ range (so each shift drops RPM down no lower than 4k RPM) and you'll be happier with the bike. I tend to cruise along at about 4k RPM.

Keep the final drive oil clean and changed, and you'll have a lot of fun on that bike.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Thanks Kewlmoose. When and where does the Club meet. I'm just up the road near the Horicon Marsh.
    Welcome!

We meet in New Berlin the first Friday of the month. PM me and I'll send you the website info or you can use my friend Google.

There are a bunch of rides coming up shortly.
    Sharon - WI Club, #GSGiants2014
    1999 R1100R
    1973 R60/5
    2014 - sold the sidecars and my super short GS! Bought a F650GS Twin

Raspberry waffles Bob!!! kewlmoose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WI Sharon View Post
    Welcome!

We meet in New Berlin the first Friday of the month. PM me and I'll send you the website info or you can use my friend Google.

There are a bunch of rides coming up shortly.
    http://wiscbmwclub.com/

Club meets 1st Friday of the month. May's meeting starts with is a ride to a restaurant for a Fish Fry dinner , with the club meeting held there after dinner.
    82 R65LS - gone but not forgotten
    02 R1150RT
    "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw"
    "I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart."

Jack Herbst
    Ain't no such thing as an ex-Harley Guy. Same as once a Marine always a Marine,never an EX Marine

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

You're probably right Jack. I'll never be a Harley hater, but after twenty years with H-D it was time for a change.

Jack Herbst
    You're probably right Jack. I'll never be a Harley hater, but after twenty years with H-D it was time for a change.
    I had my day in the sun on Harleys and enjoyed every minute of it. Just finally got bored and wanted to try something else a little queiter and smaller. I ran out of testosterone at 72.

Welcome aboard,
    Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Ain't no such thing as an ex-Harley Guy. Same as once a Marine always a Marine,never an EX Marine
    I had a 2004 FXDL (Dyna lowrider). Looked cool (was customized quite a bit), but man it handled like a brick. It didn't last long in my garage. I'm a "motorcycle guy". I don't tie myself to a manufacturer (unless they feel like sponsoring me)