• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Greater Oly, Lacey, Tumwater Washington Area.

5thgen

So after looking at the Anonymous book I was looking to see how many of us were in the local area. In the Greater Olympia, Lacey, Rochester, Tenino,Tumwater, Shelton, Yelm there are 20 + Members. So I was wondering if anyone ever checks out this site.
We could even set up our own local rides.. Anyone interested? If you're in the vicinity of these areas chime :ear in if you interested. How about the JBLM Folks not sure what city you guys would list.
Bill

I'm thinking you might want to ask this question in another month or so. Pretty sure no one wants to ride in this miserable weather. I'm just sayin'! :scratch

Cheers!

(bump)

Weathers been cooperative the last few weekends

Seabeck,
If a So Cal runaway :bolt can do it so can you. Weathers been cooperative the last few weekends, at least I'm ahead with the Round up treatments! Seen lots o bikes out the last month or so... I usually get out all year round most of the time, I try for at least every other weekend:dance just to keep me from getting too grouchy. The better half sure appreciates it I know. The end of December and January was pretty tough this year.
Bottoms UP!
Bill

Thanks for the encouragement...we all need a kick now and then. I'm a Nevada transplant (almost 30 years ago) so I know what you mean.

But...as a survivor of nine heart surgeries my old bod is ultra sensitive to cold and wet. So these days I'm more of a fair weather rider. And don't really care to have to put on 3 or 4 layers of clothing to go riding. Never been much on the Michelin Man style. LOL

This winter was a bit drier than most...so I did manage to get a few "refresher" rides in every month. It helps being retired, when the sun is shining I don't have to ask for time off...I just go. :dance

Cheers...:drink

9 HOLY $&@p! Did they do something for easy re-entry after the first couple?
Don't get me wrong I absolutely hate letting my cor body get cold, it takes me forever to warm up. My winter riding trick is to start a fire and get ready to go out for a ride, then I ride till I get pretty cool then a start going home. Might be 1 hour, could be 6 hours. So... if all goes well (nothing blocked the vent on the stove) the living room is about 75 even up to 80 sometimes. When I get Home it is nice and toasty I'll grab a Barley Pop :1drink or a favorite Blended Canuck, :bottle Turn on the brain box and Chillax.

The first 7 1/2 were angioplasties. A permanent shunt might have helped! LOL

Midway thru the last angio (this was in '98) my systems shut down. Defib failed. CPR for 50 minutes, then a 5 way bypass. But I've been good to go since then! And enjoying ever effing minute!

Our fireplace starts instantly thanks to the wonders of propane, but I have nearly zero tolerance for wet/cold conditions due to scar tissue on the ticker. That's why I gave up kayaking and underwater basket weaving. :violin

I also like Barley Pop, but really enjoy savoring a wee dram of a nice single malt (like the Glenmorangie "Original" 18 year old currently in hand).

Cheers!

Back