• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No Registration Confirmation Received

I obviously missed the rally registration step. I purchased my Superstakes ticket but didn't register for the rally. So, now when I go to register, it wants to charge me $35.00. Just shot an e-mail off to the home office.

same thing for me. Can someone clarify this before the main office phone and email light up? If for some reason my ticket purchase did not go through I would like to know before May 1. Thanks, Bob

I bought my sweepstakes ticket and received my receipt and confirmation on April 6.

After reading the forum comments, I attempted to register for the rally this morning...it wanted to charge me the $35.

While I am sure things will get straightened out, there are definitely inconsistencies in the processing at this time. Tying the sweepstakes to rally fee is new and the glitches need to be resolved.

It is a new process including Rally registration with a Superstakes ticket and the volume of orders in the first two weeks were a little overwhelming. The load is starting to even out and the office is catching up on receipts, etc. There are several different ways to order a ticket and register for the Rally. Hopefully, I can answer most of the questions in this post, but email me directly, tedm@bmwmoa.org, or contact any office staff and we will be glad to help or answer your questions.

First, if you have ordered a ticket prior to May 1, you will be in the early bird drawing. Ticket numbers and order confirmations began shipping late last week. There are about 3,000 that needed to be processed and we took some time to make sure we had everything just right before these were sent out. The general rule from this point forward would be that you should have your ticket number within 14 days of placing an order. If you do not have it by then, contact any staff member and we will find it for you.

Second, you are automatically registered for the Rally when you buy a ticket, whether you complete the online registration or not. We would prefer that you buy the Superstakes ticket and then complete the Rally registration. By doing this, it will eliminate the system's desire to charge you for the Rally. But, every person that buys a ticket will be registered for the Rally whether you complete the online rally registration or not.

In most cases, you will not receive a printed Rally registration. You don't need it. But, you are registered if you bought a ticket. We will also have complete lists onsite at the Rally of buyers and this will be an easy reconciliation if there are any issues. If you want a printed hard copy of your rally registration, you can email or call Tammy and she will provide it for you.

I can't speak to the online system of receipts or how those are stored in your account. I don't know that system as well, but my understanding is it should give you a confirmation and also save that order in your order history. This is not your Superstakes ticket or the winning number. It is just a confirmation or receipt for your purchase of a ticket(s). Ticket numbers will be mailed to each person as stated above.

Thanks for everyone's patience. Our systems are designed to sell memberships and not necessarily Superstakes tickets. Each year the Superstakes has changed slightly to keep it interesting and that creates another layer of difficulty. I know every staff member is committed to your orders and working hard to make sure the process is easy and a quick turnaround. They remind me every day how hard they are working to fill the orders!

Good luck to everyone! Looks like we ill have close to 3,500 in the early bird drawing. Great odds to win a new R1200GS Adventure on May 11!

Thanks very much Ted. Following your directions I did find info in Accounts Management. Again, thank you. - Bob

I bought my tickets on May 6th. It's been over 14 days, so I just called the MOA office. She said they just started sending out ticket numbers this past Friday. I should receive it by the end of the month. Just bring that paper to the rally and that will be my rally entrance pass.

I check the mail daily and still no confirmed entry.

That's ok with me as long as I win the GS for entering as an early bird.
( hmm, seems like that early bird stuff is a part of my life now ) :dance

If I can get in to the rally without a hassle that's a bonus :thumb

Got my Super Sweepstakes letter today...

I entered my $100 Super Sweepstakes III order on the MOA website back on April 6th. Got my confirmation letter with WINNING NUMBER :dance hope, hope, hope in the mail today, April 26th. Be patient... I'm sure you'll be receiving your letter with your number soon.

16 days later .... it arrived in the mail. (Now it was only 2 days after I called MOA headquarters.....think the two are related? I'm just saying.....) Looking forward to one of those shiny new BMWs in my garage. :dance

Learning experience for MOA

I guess this will be a learning experience and MOA will learn how to better do the SuperStakes next time. I think the early give away was a surprise as the the number of entries, maybe the it was felt that a $100 sales would be slower.

As for Rally? I guess just bring a copy of your entry form, and hope for the best. You can not register on line with out being asked for $35.

Received my confirmation letter in the mail yesterday. It was printed on my birthday so it is obviously an extra lucky ticket. I'll be winning lots of stuff!! :dance

OK you wankers, i'm starting to get jealous.

When i win i'm going to pay it back with a MOON SHOT !!!:thumb

Just received an update. A little over 3600 tickets sold as Friday. Expect a busy weekend with a Monday deadline for the early bird drawing.

Thumbs up to the MOA office staff. They have been taking work home at night to process the orders and catch up. Sometimes we forget they still have all of their regular duties in addition to the Superstakes. Phones were crazy busy in the office on Friday.

Looking forward to the first drawing on May 11. Good luck to everyone that gets in before Monday!

Back