• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rounder Round-up

Now that was one fine ride report to read. Sounds like a trip that will leave you with lasting memories. Congrats on the SS and BB, you earned them in a way that a lot of us probably wouldn't.

Great ride! :clap Those Texas folks are OK (I'm married to one).

Maybe I'll meet you along the way next year. Big wind is everyday stuff in hurricane land--but come to think of it, I don't do snow.

username said:
i have my-cast on my cell phone, and i must admit, it saved us from even tougher riding conditions. if you havent seen this yet, check it out. i'm reasonably good at judging weather that is at a distance, but i like having hard data that i can use to make smart decisions.

we were able to look at the doppler radar along the route, and we could see the storm we rode through in oklahoma was moving around 25mph. it was going to catch us if we dallied. we were hungry, but realized that if we stopped to eat too soon, it'd catch us again. thanks to a long line at the toll booth in oklahoma (the number of people that chose to pay by PARKING THEIR CAR and GETTING OUT OF IT was astounding. i am not making this up.) it did catch us. but we knew that we had only had to ride a few minutes and we be ahead of it again. also, we could see that we were getting flanked, so we rode fast to avoid that, and put ourselves about 30 minutes ahead of the storm. we parked, ate some food, and as we came out and saddled up, the storm almost caught us. the first few big drops came down. we hauled out of there, and rode dry until we got near st. louis. then it was awful rain and thunderstorms up to el paso, where we stopped. slightly more humid than the el paso i'm familiar with...

Pretty cool stuff! I will have to see if my phone supports it!

I didn't even know there was an El Paso in Illinois until a few years ago. Hopefully, I'll make it to your El Paso someday. :)

D'Lilah said:
Pretty cool stuff! I will have to see if my phone supports it!

I didn't even know there was an El Paso in Illinois until a few years ago. Hopefully, I'll make it to your El Paso someday. :)

for me the comparison stops at, "the one in texas is drier." :D

that's all i need to hear.

Back