• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Only if

bmwgsrider

Got my April issue of MOA and noticed that if I had ridden 3,300 more miles than I had, I could have been in one of the top 25 women finishers. :( :cry

It would be nice to see my name in top 25 finishers.

There's your motivation! An extra 70 miles a week or so will get you there. :dance

My motivation is to exceed average for 2012. Dubious distinction, it is. :doh

I'm bummed! I heard from friends that my mileage (and my husband's) is not listed! Although, as I STILL haven't gotten my magazine, I can't confirm that.

Going on trips always helps and it's fun. I was #10 on the list and that was BARELY so I have to ride more to secure my place. However, every year is different. As long as I'm enjoying myself, I don't care what the mileage is.

Every year, I try to do something different. Riding to National Parks has been a beautiful discovery! If you are ever needing a place to ride to, just look up a NP in your state and ride and enjoy. They are really nice parks to visit.

Have FUN and we hope to see your name in the ON next year!
:D

There's your motivation! An extra 70 miles a week or so will get you there. :dance

My motivation is to exceed average for 2012. Dubious distinction, it is. :doh

The contest is only 6 months long.

If you do the math, you would have to do about 125 more miles each week!

Doesn't matter to me where I end up in the mileage contest, so I mail in my odometer readings. I do my part for the top riders as they need my and others' mileage submissions to be the winners. :D

I don't do the mileage thing anymore.

But at one time, I poured over those lists got the bug for making them.
I'm a numbers person, so I created a spreadsheet, complete with goals.
You have an idea what it will take to make the top 25, start running the numbers.
Do you have a big trip planned? Can you add commuting miles? Those are the easy hits.
I found tracking miles, helped me reach my goal.
I think I made it to 13 twice. And then I was done. Checked it off the list.

I still wear my Top Rider pin with a sense of pride.

Good luck with your goal, I hope the stars align for you.

Tracy,

It appears you are the target of some vast MOA conspiracy... no ON, missing pictures and disappearing smiley faces.....

If'n I didn't have a bike that was giving me chronic water pump problems every 800-1500 miles that prevented me from riding, I most likely would have been in the top 25.

Hopefully, I will one of these days...

Back