• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A how to Build your own Rear Mud flap

roadcrave

PRAY BEFORE RIDING
I was disgusted with all the gravel - tar and mud the rear tire pics up here in the NW so I did some research and came up with this step by step to add protection to your rear swing arm/shock/dog leg from getting trashed every time you ride. Here is what you need
1. urethane rubber Ebay / POLYURETHANE/URETHANE SHEET 1/8" X 9 3/4" X 14" 80/85 Black Part#102
2. rivots aluminum 1/8 x 3/16
3. sheet metal sheers
4. rivot gun
5. washers

Remove your factory rear mud gaurd, place on the table and scribe as wide as you wish I went 1/2 wider than the wheel and 1 inch lower than the center stand in the up position, then cut and pre drill your holes, .\see pic
Pop rivot the gaurd to the foward part of the factory gaurd using backup washers

Attachments

• DSCF0585 2.jpg
    DSCF0585 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 356
Looks great. Cheap, and quite functional in solving a known problem for those of us who ride year-round in all weather. I just ordered some of that urethane sheet for myself.

Thanks for posting the how-to. :)

Hi Roadcrave: Is the urethane sheeting material you used pretty rigid or is it flexible? I had given thought to purchasing an OEM rear fender extension and mounting it on the front of the rear fender the way you did. Thanks, Rick H.

This produst is 1/8 inch thick and very flexible, the legnth is what you will need, ...... matthew

Yes at highspeeds 130mph, its ureathan and hardly get hurts , But im re designing the shape and adding a couple gromments to hold it forward,easy task though ill keep you all informed as soon as i get a chance...matthew :dance

Modification, Stainless Steel to curve the Flap keeps it off the wheel

Attachments

• K1600 Rear Mudflap build 013 2.jpg
    K1600 Rear Mudflap build 013 2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 196
Back