Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Schuberth C3 helmets

Schuberth Customer Service is great!

I have the C-3 and added the SRC unit to it a little over 2 years ago. The unit failed recently and it was over
    the stated warranty period. They told me to ship it to them and they inspected it and are sending me a
    replacement even though the unit is over warranty. I had a liner problem as noted earlier in this thread and
    they sent me the S-2 liner for free............this is the second positive outcome with them......customer
    service at Schuberth rocks!

Helmet break in

Bought a nolan 104 back in january . After 3000 miles it was still uncomfortable. I got a childs #3 soccer ball put in the helmet and filled with air. Two days later it was broke in. Its been a great fit since then

Cue Ball Break In

I have had several Schuberts and BMW helmets (Schubert) and always have trouble breaking them in. There always seems to be a hot spot on the forehead somewhere (my odd shaped head ... naturally). My BMW motorcycle mgr suggested the spoon method, but I needed more compression pressure. I ended up using a pool cue ball to fix the hot spots. I just threw it in my tankbag on my way to the Americade and within a day it was right as rain.
    Just checking my forehead in the restaurant mirror gave me the exact spots to compress.
    Another time I used the ball end on our verandah railing and was really able to put my weight on the critical areas.
    One caution compressing the forehead area is not to do so much at one time that you reduce the sunshade's ability to engage and retract. I suggest you check the sunshade's operation from time to time.
    If you see me at a bike show or rally with a red spot on my forehead ... just smile knowing I got a new helmet!
    Marty
    2007 K1200GT
    1985 K100RT bought new, sold 2009

Helmet color vs bike color

Ready to order a C3 Pro Racing. The color is red, I'm curious as to how it matches the vermillion red of my 2012 GT. No dealer really close with that color. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not a good match, going with hi viz yellow or black. Does anyone have the reds combination?

o-ring where to order?

I have been wanting to get the o-ring for the Schuberth to assist in keeping the shield open at speed

can anyone point me to amazon or ebay for the correct one to order?

Thanks in advance.

You could probably go to any hardware store and pick one up that would do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by pauleknight View Post
    I have been wanting to get the o-ring for the Schuberth to assist in keeping the shield open at speed

can anyone point me to amazon or ebay for the correct one to order?

Thanks in advance.
    Try using a rubber flat fender washer. I've been using them for a couple of years with great success. Available at many hardware stores. If you want to use an o-ring then again they are available at all the chain hardware places. They are cheap, experiment with sizes. Something about the size of a quarter in diameter and a bit thicker is about right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost