• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Schuberth C3 helmets

Schuberth Customer Service is great!

I have the C-3 and added the SRC unit to it a little over 2 years ago. The unit failed recently and it was over
the stated warranty period. They told me to ship it to them and they inspected it and are sending me a
replacement even though the unit is over warranty. I had a liner problem as noted earlier in this thread and
they sent me the S-2 liner for free............this is the second positive outcome with them......customer
service at Schuberth rocks!

Helmet break in

Bought a nolan 104 back in january . After 3000 miles it was still uncomfortable. I got a childs #3 soccer ball put in the helmet and filled with air. Two days later it was broke in. Its been a great fit since then

Cue Ball Break In

I have had several Schuberts and BMW helmets (Schubert) and always have trouble breaking them in. There always seems to be a hot spot on the forehead somewhere (my odd shaped head ... naturally). My BMW motorcycle mgr suggested the spoon method, but I needed more compression pressure. I ended up using a pool cue ball to fix the hot spots. I just threw it in my tankbag on my way to the Americade and within a day it was right as rain.
Just checking my forehead in the restaurant mirror gave me the exact spots to compress.
Another time I used the ball end on our verandah railing and was really able to put my weight on the critical areas.
One caution compressing the forehead area is not to do so much at one time that you reduce the sunshade's ability to engage and retract. I suggest you check the sunshade's operation from time to time.
If you see me at a bike show or rally with a red spot on my forehead ... just smile knowing I got a new helmet!

Helmet color vs bike color

Ready to order a C3 Pro Racing. The color is red, I'm curious as to how it matches the vermillion red of my 2012 GT. No dealer really close with that color. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not a good match, going with hi viz yellow or black. Does anyone have the reds combination?

o-ring where to order?

I have been wanting to get the o-ring for the Schuberth to assist in keeping the shield open at speed

can anyone point me to amazon or ebay for the correct one to order?

Thanks in advance.

I have been wanting to get the o-ring for the Schuberth to assist in keeping the shield open at speed

can anyone point me to amazon or ebay for the correct one to order?

Thanks in advance.

Try using a rubber flat fender washer. I've been using them for a couple of years with great success. Available at many hardware stores. If you want to use an o-ring then again they are available at all the chain hardware places. They are cheap, experiment with sizes. Something about the size of a quarter in diameter and a bit thicker is about right.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 642
Schuberth C3 Strap

I'm new to BMW bikes and to this forum. My husband owns a K1600 GTL and we purchased 2 Schuberth C3 helmets with communication systems. I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem that we are with this helmet. After about an hour of riding, the seam in the memory foam(?) begins to irritate the top of my forehead, actually causing quite a bit of discomfort. The helmet leaves a huge mark on my husband's head. We just want to rip the helmets off because they are so painful! Our local dealer has told us that she has talked to the company and that the memory foam has not adjusted to our heads. She suggested that we put a 5-10 lb. weight inside the helmet for a few hours to press it in. We are doing that and haven't ridden yet to know if it has worked. Just wondering about others' experiences with this expensive helmet.
(forgive me if I've posted on the wrong thread)

Michael and Kristy P.

I love my Schuberth C3, but I can't figure out what the #!&*! you're supposed to do with the helmet hook on your bike, which is designed for the universal D-ring type closure. :banghead The Schuberth strap works fine, but not of much use with a helmet hook.

Perplexed,

~Radix

Last edited:
I love my Schuberth C3, but I can't figure out what the #!&*! you're supposed to do with the helmet hook on your bike, which is designed for the universal D-ring type closure. :banghead The Schuberth strap works fine, but not of much use with a helmet hook.

Perplexed,

~Radix
Cable around the chinbar and a carabiner-type lock.

I have had several Schuberts and BMW helmets (Schubert) and always have trouble breaking them in. There always seems to be a hot spot on the forehead somewhere (my odd shaped head ... naturally). My BMW motorcycle mgr suggested the spoon method, but I needed more compression pressure. I ended up using a pool cue ball to fix the hot spots. I just threw it in my tankbag on my way to the Americade and within a day it was right as rain.
Just checking my forehead in the restaurant mirror gave me the exact spots to compress.
Another time I used the ball end on our verandah railing and was really able to put my weight on the critical areas.
One caution compressing the forehead area is not to do so much at one time that you reduce the sunshade's ability to engage and retract. I suggest you check the sunshade's operation from time to time.
If you see me at a bike show or rally with a red spot on my forehead ... just smile knowing I got a new helmet!

Marty,

what you have is the "Mark of Schuberth" it is the way they "brand" the owners of the helmet and how we tell ourselves apart from the riff-raff

I'm new to BMW bikes and to this forum. My husband owns a K1600 GTL and we purchased 2 Schuberth C3 helmets with communication systems. I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem that we are with this helmet. After about an hour of riding, the seam in the memory foam(?) begins to irritate the top of my forehead, actually causing quite a bit of discomfort. The helmet leaves a huge mark on my husband's head. We just want to rip the helmets off because they are so painful! Our local dealer has told us that she has talked to the company and that the memory foam has not adjusted to our heads. She suggested that we put a 5-10 lb. weight inside the helmet for a few hours to press it in. We are doing that and haven't ridden yet to know if it has worked. Just wondering about others' experiences with this expensive helmet.
(forgive me if I've posted on the wrong thread)

Michael and Kristy P.

I've had more than a few helmets that needed some 'tuning up' in order to be comfortable. The problem lies in the fact that even if we stroll around the motorcycle showroom for an hour wearing a helmet before we buy it, that's still not enough time to properly know it will fit like a glove.

When the motorcycle classes I instruct get around to proper riding gear, helmets get a lot of discussion. What I've shared with my students from both the training I've received and personal experience with dozens of helmet brands (I do a fair amount of product testing for two different magazines and teach at a race track) is:

Helmets, like boots, do not 'break in.' they either fit right or they don't. You might learn to tolerate or ignore the discomfort over time, but if a helmet doesn't feel right after several hours of riding, several more will not cure the problem. It needs tweaking. Not all footwear can be stretched to fit your feet, but I've had great success with helmets.

To 'tweak' a helmet that has painful hot spots (areas where contact with the foam padding - it's always the foam padding - not the soft liner, irritates), place several large bath towels on a table to cradle your new helmet. Then, using a croquet ball, firmly knead it into the spots you've identified as being a problem. Anything smaller can create too deep an indentation and interfere with sun shades. Be conservative with your hand pressure - crush too far and you "can't un-ring the bell." If the next test ride (several hours) is not perfect, repeat the procedure until it is.

This 'crushing' of the foam will contour the foam padding to the exact shape of your skull and result in a truly custom fit.

Schuberth makes great helmets, but like any lid, may need tweaking to be a perfect fit for your head.

Good luck and enjoy that K1600GTL ! :thumb

I have a long-oval shaped head, therefore I buy long-oval helmets. No red spot on my forehead, ever.

Harry

I was prepared to pay an outrageous price for a helmet but the only one that was comfortable was a $200 Bell. How lucky is that? It has Snell approval (the latest), a great shield-change system, amazing ventilation BUT it's noisy. Can't have it all. I'll spend all the money I saved on earplugs.

Back