• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Mileage Contest 2012?

Malaszka

Hi! Anyone know where to find the form to start recording miles for this year? I can only find the one from last year. Thanks!

Being new to BMWMOA, I have the start form. How does this work? Is there an end form? And is there and recording that needs to be logged during the year?
Sorry in advance for so many questions.

It's great fun and quite easy really unless you come in the top three. Very much an honor system, you fill out the form and have two other members sign that you are who you say you are and your mileage is correctly listed on April 14th. Then you ride. If you're aiming for the top three, you might keep a record of tires, services, where you've been or even a log of miles.

On October 14th you note your ending mileage on a form provided in the October issue of the ON or online and get two members to sign it. Send it in by the closing date and wait to see the results published the following April.

EZ. And FUN!

There is competition between clubs and between states and just general silliness. The top three men and women are honored with plaques and recognition at the International Rally closing program, and each rider gets a finisher pin.

Voni
sMiling

May have to do this!

As I hang out at rides, rallies and forums with BMW folks talking about the mileage they rack up, I always think I don't ride enough to enter my mileage. But, looking at the list, I ride a lot more than some and far less than others.

I might just have to do this thing! :thumb

As I hang out at rides, rallies and forums with BMW folks talking about the mileage they rack up, I always think I don't ride enough to enter my mileage. But, looking at the list, I ride a lot more than some and far less than others.

I might just have to do this thing! :thumb

One thing for sure, you won't feel like you over paid to enter..... cost? One US or CA stamp. I've only entered once before, but I had the most mileage reported by anyone in my state. Of course there was only one other entrant, my wife Annie.

Michigan Ladies!

Go for it Susan! It's a fun way to track just how far you've ridden each year. We entered the first time just to help boost the Michigan totals. It always amazes me that those of us in the frozen north seem to ride more miles than those in the warmer climates. I'm just south of you in Dimondale, near Lansing.

BTW your mileage form can also be witnessed by your BMW dealer (see contest rules on the form). We'll be doing so on Saturday - this year's winner, Nancy Dunn another Michigan rider, is being honored for her 2011 Mileage contest win at BMW Grand Rapids this weekend to kick off the 2012 contest on Saturday 11:00am-2:00pm. I met her during the Ladies Day event earlier this year.

Tracy

I'm planning a lot of riding this summer, but I crashed my F650GS in sand a few weeks ago, and it may be totaled. In any event, the little red bike won't be ready to ride to Alaska in a week. After riding everything I could find in the adventure bike category, I picked up a Yamaha 1200 Super Tenere and gave up any thoughts for a high mileage summer on my beemers. :violin

Ride safe, y'all and watch out for those gator rocks.

I'm planning a lot of riding this summer, but I crashed my F650GS in sand a few weeks ago, and it may be totaled. In any event, the little red bike won't be ready to ride to Alaska in a week. After riding everything I could find in the adventure bike category, I picked up a Yamaha 1200 Super Tenere and gave up any thoughts for a high mileage summer on my beemers. :violin

Ride safe, y'all and watch out for those gator rocks.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Glad to not hear of any injuries.

Ride Well

Even when I don't ride much in a season, I still submit my mileage. I figure that my short rides help make those with high mileage look even better. :laugh

My mileage generally is not all that high, but I still submit - I might luck out and be "average male". :)

First Timer

I entered the mileage contest for the first time in 2012, but I'm a little bummed about the April-October parameters. I rode from Oregon to Death Valley in March, and I rode fro Oregon to Baja Mexico in November. Lots of good miles there, but they don't count. :(

Not for this contest, but all of your BMW miles count when you submit for your 100,000 sMile award!

Voni
sMiling

Back