• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sweepstakes/Superstakes III

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
Wow. The Sweepstakes/Superstakes III sure got expensive this year. Last year $10 per ticket. This year $100 per ticket. Sorry, that's a bit too rich for me.

Last edited:
$100? Not on my list then. I hope that this is not true because it then becomes a 'rich person's game' (at least for me). Oh well. - Bob

Wow. The Sweepstakes/Superstakes III sure got expensive this year. Last year $10 per ticket. This year $100 per ticket. Sorry, that's a bit to rich for me.

Thats what I thought...I just joined this year, but thought they were 10 bucks last year?? 100 bucks for a 1-10,000 chance to win a cool prize...just can't afford that gamble.

I'll probably buy one, I bought 10 last year. It is a donation. I am wondering if they will sell the required amount though, getting 7500 people to pony up $100 is a bit different than getting 20,000 to pony up $10 like last year.

IIRC, the rally fee is $35 usually. That makes the raffle ticket $65 - still a steep increase.

Judgement of Sweepstakes

Has the BMWMOA gotten to big, like the federal government? Why would the cost of the increase to such a high level? Include the Rally, which for many reason the vast majority of member do not attend?

If you buy a ticket, you get reamed if you do not attend the rally, and that for lack of a better word 'SUCKS'. I waver every time the dues come due, more and more it gets harder to pull the trigger on payment. If it were not for the forum, I would be gone by now, I don't have the time to attend a rally in 95 degree heat.

Did a survey of the members tell them to increase the cost of tickets, and include the rally fee? I will bet $100 that more people would say the present sweepstake format, is not as desirable, and last year.

Interesting. Here in Nova Scotia, Mary and I put $100 out for a ticket that gives you the chance to win a house (2), choice of vehicles (8 I think, according to draw), boats, trips, and dozens of other 'lesser' prizes. At least this gives the purchaser a better hope for winning something.... and still the sweepstake is a huge ($$$) fundraiser for a major hospital. How about some secondary prizes like helmets, gloves, jackets, farkles of various choices, boots... whatever? Seems a very unwise and exclusive decision. I was looking forward to the draw this year but I'll have to pass. Thanks eh? :stick - Bob

Interesting. Here in Nova Scotia, Mary and I put $100 out for a ticket that gives you the chance to win a house (2), choice of vehicles (8 I think, according to draw), boats, trips, and dozens of other 'lesser' prizes. At least this gives the purchaser a better hope for winning something.... and still the sweepstake is a huge ($$$) fundraiser for a major hospital. How about some secondary prizes like helmets, gloves, jackets, farkles of various choices, boots... whatever? Seems a very unwise and exclusive decision. I was looking forward to the draw this year but I'll have to pass. Thanks eh? :stick - Bob

The prizes this year include (based on the advertising in the April ON) 61 drawings, 12 motorcycles. $250,000 in prizes. There are more chances to win this year.

The prizes this year include (based on the advertising in the April ON) 61 drawings, 12 motorcycles. $250,000 in prizes. There are more chances to win this year.

hmmm. ok, worth a bit more thought. Will wait for News to see list of prize options. I could not find the listing on the homepage but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. $100 is likely to remain with me but we'll see. - Bob

This is an explainer video....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O2zoF2Cc-7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hmmm. ok, worth a bit more thought. Will wait for News to see list of prize options. I could not find the listing on the homepage but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. $100 is likely to remain with me but we'll see. - Bob
Hey Bob, and all.

Look here for the official rules, a full list of the prizes and an FAQ.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/general_interest/superstakes_rules_and_faq

If you haven't read this, you don't fully understand the 2012 Superstakes. Don't find out about this great MOA benefit after it is over. Only 10,000 tickets will be sold. Read the link today. :thumb

tb

Ss iii

I am so in and I hope 7499 others are in as well. Sorry to short the 2500 tickets sold but better odds for me and I will be in April 6th

I'll still order a ticket despite the increased price, but only one this time. I do agree that the inclusion of the rally fee is nice if you can use it, but those of us who can't attend should get some sort of perk in lieu.

Back