• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New MOA Logo

I like the styling, but am also disappointed with the corporate policy preventing the logo from reflecting the fact that it is for a BMW club. In itself, this logo does not really convey what it represents. For someone unfamiliar with the BMWMOA, there is nothing in this logo to show what it's for.

And if it was Harley, they would make the logo 2-3 times that size just to make sure there was more than enough "visible brand recognition" so that everyone would for sure know what its for.

As for how 'international' we are, while I'm aware that there are overseas memberships/subscriptions, are not licensed clubs within the MOA restricted to the USA, Canada and Mexico?

MOA clubs are not "licensed" they are chartered. Clubs from anywhere in the world are welcome to charter with the MOA, and they do. MOA and the RA are the two United States BMW motorcycle umbrella clubs, with BMW CCA representing the BMW cars. Mexico and Canada each have their own umbrella BMW organizations.

I like it.

But it doesn't matter whether I do or don't.

It is what it is, and doesn't effect my bikes, my riding, or the content of the articles I read in the magazine. Or how much fun I do or don't have at a rally.

MOA clubs are not "licensed" they are chartered. Clubs from anywhere in the world are welcome to charter with the MOA, and they do. MOA and the RA are the two United States BMW motorcycle umbrella clubs, with BMW CCA representing the BMW cars. Mexico and Canada each have their own umbrella BMW organizations.

No offense intended, but that's as clear as mud.

So, Canada and Mexico are part of the MOA but at the same time, their own separate entity?

???

I like it.

But it doesn't matter whether I do or don't.

It is what it is, and doesn't effect my bikes, my riding, or the content of the articles I read in the magazine. Or how much fun I do or don't have at a rally.

I agree-except I don't like it. Send me one & I'll stick on a toolbox with the other junk . As to this "charter thing", is that like in the old days when the "King" decided the rules ?

I don't sport anybody's logo if I can help it. Who wants to feel like Nascar without the sponsorship money to go with it? :rolleyes

No offense intended, but that's as clear as mud.

So, Canada and Mexico are part of the MOA but at the same time, their own separate entity?

Sorry for the confusion.

No, each country has it's own national (or unbrella) BMW club that all the local BMW clubs in that country belong to. So the U.S., Canada and Mexico each have these national BMW organizations, like the MOA and the RA in the U.S., that the local BMW clubs join.

An individual local club may join the national organization of another country (i.e. a Canadian club joining the MOA) but from BMW's perspecitive (offical purposes) they "belong" to the national organization for thier country of origin.

Hope that clarifies matters.

Please take a minute to read the April President's column. It goes into the details of how we arrived at this design.

We cannot use the roundel in any way except the explicit format below:

Attachments

• BMWMOA_logo_corp.jpg
    BMWMOA_logo_corp.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 282
The coldness towards the logo has receded the oceans back to days of global whining. My only concern is why did it take so long and how much did it cost the organization with all the talent we have within.

Please take a minute to read the April President's column. It goes into the details of how we arrived at this design.

I read the column. I didn't see any details. What do the horizontal lines mean?

Sorry for the confusion.

No, each country has it's own national (or unbrella) BMW club that all the local BMW clubs in that country belong to. So the U.S., Canada and Mexico each have these national BMW organizations, like the MOA and the RA in the U.S., that the local BMW clubs join.

An individual local club may join the national organization of another country (i.e. a Canadian club joining the MOA) but from BMW's perspecitive (offical purposes) they "belong" to the national organization for thier country of origin.

Hope that clarifies matters.

So any club from outside the USA, which 'charters' with the MOA, in effect holds 'dual-citizenship' to some degree? A club in Canada, for example, that belongs to the MOA also must affiliate with some Canadian organization as well? Same for Mexico and other countries?

New logo?

Well, noticed a nice new look on the forum and main site page.

I had heard a new logo was coming. If this is it, i like it!

We cannot use the roundel in any way except the explicit format below:

I read the column. I didn't see any details. What do the horizontal lines mean?
The only horizontal lines I see are the top and bottom of the text box in which the logo appears. The Verticle lines, including the one on the right that separates the roundel, are specified and required by BMW AG. They even specify the spacing and width of these lines. All clubs worldwide must use this format.

Hope this helps.

tb

Attachments

• BMWMOA_logo_corp.jpg
    BMWMOA_logo_corp.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 246
I think the new logo is handsome, and MOA is rather clever to have two: one compliant with the mothership's rules, and another that is much more stylish.
We did something similar:
Official (and approved) logo:
BMWfinal_official.jpeg

Unfortunately it is not suitable for some uses such as apparel or name tags.

Unofficial logo that does not include the Roundel or "BMW" that we can use as we wish.
BMWFinal-unofficial.jpg

I'm happy that our artist was able to tie the two logos together by sharing design elements. It's unfortunate that the unofficial logo does not identify us as BMW fans but that's more BMW's loss than ours.

I'm talking about the gray horizontal shading through the lettering.

I doubt they 'mean' anything beyond an artistic decision to give more texture or depth to the logo. But then what do I know I still do stick figures.

Back