• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

San Bernardino folks ?

ISAMEMON

Grammarian no, Rider yes
I posted this question earler under loma linda, but was told I d get better resutls listing as San Bernardino

Its a very slight wasy a BMW question as some day Ill ride down there

but the true question is, was wondering if anybody kn that area knew which was the good or bad areas to avoid for a young couple moving into that area.
My son and his family ( young) are moving down to Loma LInda for him to go to Med School. His budget is tight and needs to find a place to live for he and his family. But none of us have ever been down to that area, dont know anyone who is living in that area and so we were looking for advice ?
he cant afford to fly adn look, from the east coast, he needs to try to do it all online adn show up june 1st with a loaded U-haul

so

anyone in the area want to tell me about the good and bad parts of that area, you can pm me if youi want to keep it to just us.

thanks

Loma Linda itself is a pretty nice town, so is Redlands. Now San Bernardino (the city), thats another story altogether...:hide

Yucaipa and it is not a bad small town. Once was very rural but like most of California it has all grown. My wife's cousins lived there most of their lives and she has fond memories of visiting them. It does get warm and smoggy but right about this time the weather is great. Also the mountains are gorgeous. I am sure the area has changed but a much better place than San Berdoo, less expensive than Loma Linda and Redlands. Overall a nice place for a family. I assume he will be attending Loma Linda University, great school and medical center.

thanks to all who gave my son future locations to live
he ended up in yucapia ca, and its a very nice small town, slower then the big city,nice parks, and gas was cheaper then here in Oregon and about 40cents a gallon cheaper then LA. ( 4.07 at costco vs 4.19 when I got home)

just got back form moving my son from Penn to Yucapia. Intersting drive. Boring flat lands with high winds, not fun for drinving a 26 foot u-haul pulling a horse trailer. ( was gone for a month, noly 6 days driving. Saw gas prices as low as 3.12 a gallong, wow.
saw tons of bikes in tons of states many wiht no helmet laws

saw one bonehead, in heavy traffic, on the freeway, at 65+mph, riding wiht shorts, t-shirt, flip flops , no helmet, and pulling a high speed wheel stand on his crotch rocket adn then wave to a friend
fast bike, must have lots of power, dont imagine that guy has a long life ahead of him with that riding style

was great to get home, clean my bike off, and go for a ride ( old guys style, helmet, etc)

sad part, is Im so behind on my own stuff now, will have to miss the Oregon Chief Joseph rally

Back