• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Should we all Vote?

ha member's, I've been a member for 28yrs. and just got my renewal form and saw no life time membership spot? I sent email to becky cooper and was told life time member ship was $999.00, What happened to the $500.00 L.T.M. I feel I've put my time in this club can't the moa cut me a break! IF you all feel like I do please let the the club VOTE weather to let me and other's who want to be a L.T.M. pay the $500.00 and move on,I will keep the wind in my face eather way. thank-you all GOESFAST!

I am a member of 3 other motorcycle clubs/organisations. Lifetime memberships are a severe burden on any club finances. If you really, really love your club and want it to survive and prosper as long as you live, you pay your dues every year and don't ask for a lifetime membership!:dunno

I am a member of 3 other motorcycle clubs/organisations. Lifetime memberships are a severe burden on any club finances. If you really, really love your club and want it to survive and prosper as long as you live, you pay your dues every year and don't ask for a lifetime membership!:dunno

AS SIMON says (okay poor pun) the Club will have more income when yearly dues are collected. My local gun club (about 2,500 members) needs yearly dues as we pay range safety officers, a club manager, buy insurance, pay range upkeep costs, along with saleries for part time people to man our club store. If everyone had lifetime membership the club could not survive financially.

What happened to the $500.00 L.T.M. I feel I've put my time in this club can't the moa cut me a break!

It was well publicized a few years ago that the $500 lifetime membership was being discontinued. Members who were interested had a few months to take advantage of it before it was removed as an option. I assume that by popular demand, the L.T.M. has been reinstated, although at double the price.

Don't know what to say. This isn't the first year there was not LTM option. It was publicized at the time that LTM were being phased out due to new accounting rules by the IRS.

I'm mad that I didn't get in on the $300 LTM but that's the way it goes.

I vote NO.

I've been a member for 28yrs. ... I feel I've put my time in this club can't the moa cut me a break!

There is a little know rule at the MOA that if you are 75 years old and have 25 years of continuous membership, you qualify for an honorary life membership. You receive all the rights and benefits of a regular member, but you don't have to pay dues.

Depending on your age, you might spend well less than $500 to become a life member. Let's assume you are 60 at the moment. You need another 15 years of membership to take you to age 75 and at that time, you will have 43 years of membership according to your OP. If that is the case, you can purchase three 5-year memberships today and extend your membership to age 75 for $462. You then become a life member because you have reached the goal of 75 years old and 25 years of continuous membership

It is a little confusing, but I can work the math for you. Just have to know your age and how long you have been a member. The one "catch" is you need continuous years of service. If your membership ever lapsed, the clock starts over.

It sounds tricky, but I have done this several times for members who want to extend their membership for "life" when we didn't have a life option. It is really a nice benefit for anyone who has been a member for a number of years and would like to remain a member at a lower cost.

Ted -

You specifically mention the 75/25 numbers...the sum of those is 100. I don't suppose the sum of 100 could be used for other combinations, say 60 and 40? I'm over 60 and have been a continuous member since 1980...another 5 years or so and I'd have the magic combo of 100.

Back