• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Weather in July?

vetsurginc

Is there a place to get the average temps and weather pattern for July in Ohio? July in Illinois could get a bit like a frypan, 110 F, funnel clouds, major thunderstorms, all the really fun outdoor activities. :brow I found a motel room only 17 miles away, but $100 a night (they are really taking us for a ride). So I'm rethinking camping.

I'm also wondering about shipping my big tent rather than try to pack it on the bike. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.

doug maccoy

vetsurginc said:
Is there a place to get the average temps and weather pattern for July in Ohio? July in Illinois could get a bit like a frypan, 110 F, funnel clouds, major thunderstorms, all the really fun outdoor activities. :brow I found a motel room only 17 miles away, but $100 a night (they are really taking us for a ride). So I'm rethinking camping.

I'm also wondering about shipping my big tent rather than try to pack it on the bike. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.

doug maccoy

There usually is a shipping address provided at the rally site that you can ship you stuff to. Also a shipping service at the rally to ship your stuff home.
gsjay

Camping at Beemerville

$100 a night for a motel? Yee-OUCH!

Here is what I heard one guy is going to do. He is bringing his big tent, and IF IT'S HOT - he plans to buy a very small air conditioner at WalMart - to stick out the side of the tent. He says it will be cheaper than a motel room.

HAHAHAHAAaaaaa!

The camping at Beemerville should be very nice. Good luck with your decision.

And Hey -- WideBMW... thanks for the weather link. I'll ask our webteam to put this link on our rally page. :)

Sue

Camping in Beemerville

I'd rather rent-a-tent from the sherpas than go through the hassle of shipping both ways. Probably the same price too. As far as the funnel clouds go, if they're west to east on Monday then I'm good to go.
Hooyah.

Tanks for the info!

Thanks for the tips. Camping looking stronger as the Kids Ride starts shaping up.

Only down side I can see to the commercial tenters is their tents a zero lot line setups! Now I realize some snores will permiate the entire campground, but toe to toe is too much :D

Yer not likely to see 110; that is pretty rare record stuff for us. Typical would be low 80's, humid, and there is always a chance of a downpour/thunderstorm in the midwest in July.................Tornadoes are more springtime, and not overly common visitors in Allen County.................Heat in the 90's is possible but not common either. Who knows........................... :dunno

Back