• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Football & green beer...

B

Bruce_H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 18th 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past week of winter has been a dozy where I live. First, we had a seventy foot steel fishing boat sink in the channel, BIG waves, the crew got off unharmed though. The ocean has now consumed the boat as the Coast Guard cannot find it. Broken into several pieces I'd suspect. Next to come were high winds, ninety miles an hour, and then snow. Lots of trees came down across the local roads. Enough snow and wind to close school for two days. On Wednesday the local bank burned down, as in completely, even the roof caved in. Does money burn?... I don't have any so not an issue, spent it on my bike...

Saturday was to be a repeat of the same, alas didn't happen. Watching football or drinking green beer isn't my thing, so... went for a ride instead.

Bruce

lots of downed trees, some cut, some not. had to find a different rout several times...

IMG_22211.jpg

snowing so hard at times, let up enough for a photo, more to come...

IMG_22341.jpg

getting a bit lighter, silly me, thought the sun was going to come out...

IMG_22421.jpg

Finished up with a hundred miles on the clock. Sun came out at the end but never did get warm, guess it is still winter.

IMG_22501.jpg

I'd be the first guy out the door for a warmer weather ride but we don't have that right now, making the best of what I have. The off road snow part was warmer
than at highway speeds. Not everyons cup-o-tea but for me, a nice days entertainment.​

Thanks for riding along...

Back