• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Satellite Radio Issue/Ipod Issue

My Satellite radio stopped orbiting after 1500 miles. It would show Linking,but never would. They replaced the satellite Base unit to no avail. BMW is sending a new radio with hope of sending my satellite radio back into orbit and function. We shall see.

My Ipod is still a no go. Perhaps the new radio will allow it to work more than 25 minutes before it shows no USB connection and becomes silent. I'am using the BMW 2/1 Auxilary Cable/USB cable that is necessary to access the USB function on the radio. Again.we will see.

That is all..........

PS,still the nicest motorcycle I have ever owned.:drink

My Ipod is still a no go. Perhaps the new radio will allow it to work more than 25 minutes before it shows no USB connection and becomes silent. I'am using the BMW 2/1 Auxilary Cable/USB cable that is necessary to access the USB function on the radio. Again.we will see.
Have your dealer hook up your bike for firmware updates -- the latest update (only a few days old) fixed the "No USB" problem on my GTL.

I don't know whether your dealer will charge for the update; it ties the machine and a tech up for quite a while.

Have your dealer hook up your bike for firmware updates -- the latest update (only a few days old) fixed the "No USB" problem on my GTL.

I don't know whether your dealer will charge for the update; it ties the machine and a tech up for quite a while.

Thanks, will do.

It would help all to know the status of the Firmware/Software/Whateverware updates. I've not seen a list on any Forum yet, but will ask my dealer tomorrow if BMW provides a list to the service folks.

They may not do it for free, but what good's a warranty if it doesn't cover improvements that address operating issues?

Gary

It would help all to know the status of the Firmware/Software/Whateverware updates. I've not seen a list on any Forum yet, but will ask my dealer tomorrow if BMW provides a list to the service folks.

They may not do it for free, but what good's a warranty if it doesn't cover improvements that address operating issues?

Gary

If your dealer is doing his job, your bike will be connected to the BMW diagnostic system at every service visit and applicable software updates will be installed. Or not...

Update

Dealer replaced the radio and lo and behold the Satellite is back in orbit and the Ipod/USB cable is doing its job,ie. Ipod doesn't shut down after 30 mins use. All is well again and still loving this bke.

iPod

How do you put the iPod in the shuffle mode? I tried my iPhone, a classic newer iPod and a Nano with the bike. The bike would not recognize the Nano, rejected the iPhone after about 3 minutes, but liked the iPod, but would not allow me to shuffle it. They all work flawlessly with my 528i USB feature. Go figure.

Back