• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nexx Helmets

dukekaboom

One Man Wolfpack
Does anyone on this forum have experience with the Nexx line of helmets? I am specifically looking at the XR1R Carbon to use as a track day helmet but would consider it for sport touring if it were comfortable and reasonably quiet. I have no issues with a second helmet for sport touring in which case I am inclined to look at the Schuberth C3. Thanks.

Kent

I bought the XR1R Carbon at last year's IMS and have used it exclusively since (purchased it because of recent neck surgery and wanted something light). I'll get the weight thing out of the way first, it is light, very light.

I had previously had a Shoei RF1000 which fit well and this is more comfortable, especially in the ear area (had to drill out some foam to place my Autocom speakers in the Shoei, fit fine in the Nexx). The eyeport is great. I always have a Pinlock in place works fine. The helmet is as quiet as the Shoei, if not, more so. I always use earplugs so most helmets seem relatively quiet.

Liner is comfortable and it vents better than my Shoei. The only thing is that in this helmet I needed an XL in the Shoei a large. I had to use the larger shell size and it is bigger than the Shoei shell. I have to place it in my GTL topcase on its side to fit, the Shoei could go in upright.

My wife has a C3 and I tried that on as well. I am not a fan of flip ups and if my Nexx was run over by a car would buy one again. The other thing I liked was that it is one of the very few carbon helmets that has a large amount of area painted white (believer in light colored helmets for visibility). Good Luck

Last edited:
Back