• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Blackwater Ride MD Eastern Shore

PittsDriver

Fuse lit....
With a half day free today, I picked a ride off the stack I'd been planning over the winter and pointed my K16GT toward the desolate and beautiful Blackwater Nature Reserve on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It's a loop through a lowland part of the Chesapeake Bay that is blessed with a very twisty and deserted road where I could count the cars I saw on one hand. This is today's ride starting and returning to Annapolis. I crossed the Bay Bridge and veered off on 404 to get off the busy highway and then headed south toward Cambridge from Denton.

picture.php

The Blackwater loop starts south of Cambridge and after a few miles becomes a twisty, flat ribbon of great pavement through the low country swamps of the area. I stopped at one point and took this video on my iPhone. It's a 360 degree view from out in the middle of it:

http://smu.gs/wYdI0k

The combo of twisties, fast sweepers, and some flat out sections through isolated stretches left me thinking I could come back to this place again and again.

It looks like a good ride, do you happen to have a GPS file of the route you took??

Very nice. :thumb I've done that ride before and thoroughly enjoyed it also, though I've never been there this time of year. I went in the Fall to see all the birds.

Back