• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spring

jlaban

Spring tripped north a little early this year. What a feeling to be able to negotiate a mud filled driveway in 50?? sunshine in March. I have never been able to ride in this month, here. It is a gift that likely will not last, but the feeling of being able to hit the redline on Rte 2, after a four month layoff, gives a thrill that riders south of our latitudes do not know.

Ask why I don't locate to a place more amenable to year rounding and I'll tell you that one of the reasons I live here is because a lot of other people don't.

John

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature."
Helen Keller

65 degrees here in Virginia at 10:15am, and I am getting ready to ride an hour west to Highland County, which has a population density of six people per square mile - about the lowest density of any county east of the Mississippi.

The West. . .

Might want to check it out. Eighty with full sun in the high desert of NM today, very, very few people.

The Frozen Tundra has its' appeal, no doubt. Give me a minute and I'll think of something. . .

Walking Eagle

Might want to check it out. Eighty with full sun in the high desert of NM today, very, very few people.

The Frozen Tundra has its' appeal, no doubt. Give me a minute and I'll think of something. . .

Walking Eagle

We could re-open this thread in July. :stick
It's already 80 down there now.

Well, Walking Eagle, it's sort of like hitting your head repeatedly: it feels really good when you stop.

I do have children and a grandchild in MT and riding to see them and back is special. There are magnificent places in this country and I'm imagining that NM has more than it's share.

John

Spring? Heck, it's almost summer around here. "Normal" temp is around 45F but we've been getting 60 - 70 lately. Prediction: 18" of snow in April. (yeah I know, I'm a glass-half-empty kind of guy, but New England weather makes you like that.)

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz.
I wonder where
The flowers is.
-author?

pete in MA

81 here currently and rising to a predicted 84. 45 would be average.

Perfect for getting chicken strips off of new tires. Check. Awesome for going to college baseball games. Check.

March is the new May.

05 K12S

2 inches of snow on the ground, more falling, 20 miles west of Seattle...30 degree temperature.

Spring? What's that...? :banghead

2 inches of snow on the ground, more falling, 20 miles west of Seattle...30 degree temperature.

Spring? What's that...?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=95ND_fwX2fM&start=153.28&end=189.5&cid=299639"></param><embed src="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=95ND_fwX2fM&start=153.28&end=189.5&cid=299639" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fronzen Tundra? Well that's all but 1.5 miles west of my house here in Green Bay. But it aint anything close to frozen this spring,....oh wait,....its still "winter" up here. Yeah right, winter in Green Bay and today the temp is hovering at 70 freakin degrees!

Been riding for over a week already. I should have 500 miles on the season by the time the end of March arrives! Whoo hoo!

If it's this warm already (80 here in Ky), what do you think summer's going to be like? Another "Bloomsburg Burner"?

Well, the calendar may not say it's officially spring yet but there's one fact that says it is - every dang bug on the Eastern Shore of Maryland committed suicide on my K16GT yesterday as I rode through farming country.

Geese have been north of the 49th for a week or so now. Put 60 miles or so on the R100 on Monday. Even with a 30 mph crosswind it felt great!

How strange is this??? Been riding all this week in and around Fargo... beat my previous start record by 4 days -- PLUS -- No flooding on the Red River this year.

Back