• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Advice for riding to Nova Scotia from NYS

We're riding to Nova Scotia the last week in June -first week in July. Suggestions for riding and sites to see are welcomed. Definitely not major slab riding is what we are seeking. Stuff to not miss in Nova Scotia etc...

Thanks,

Greg
2002 R1150R...

I couldn't remember the route numbers ifrI had to, but take the two lane roads and the minor border crossing to get there. Say "hi" the the cutie playing the bagpipes at the welcome center as soon as you enter New Brunswick. Ride as much of NS as you can and take the ferry to Newfoundland if possible. Stay too long. Ride too much. You won't regret it ever.

We're riding to Nova Scotia the last week in June -first week in July. Suggestions for riding and sites to see are welcomed.

On my trip to Nova Scotia from western NY, I took SR 2 from Troy, NY and crossed Massachusetts on the same road, also marked SR 2. That was a nice route. I did take I-95 thru Maine to save time. I switched to SR 9 at Bangor and crossed the border at Calais.

On the way back, I stayed at the KOA in Bar Harbor, a nice stop.

Harry

How much time do you have? Any particular must see/must do things on agenda? Camping and/or motels/B&Bs? Any particular part of Nova Scotia? Prince Edward Island on agenda? Do you currently have a route plan in mind? Did you get a copy of the Motorcyclist Guide to Nova Scotia and/or send to our tourism department for info? - Bob

Maine quarter lighthouse

If you are traveling north on I 95 consider visiting the lighthouse that is on US quarter for the state of Maine. The tourist stop just after you cross into Maine can give your more specific directions.

In addition to the lighthouse, the road along the coast is interesting. I stayed in a B&B in a little fishing village with a view of the boats coming and out. There was a local restaurant where the lobster was great...it has just been unloaded from the boat.

Sorry, can't recall the name of the town.

I will be riding june 16 to the 31 NYC to Trans lab back down via Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. I am planing on riding the Cabot trail. The Cabot trail is said to be some great riding with great views, be sure to ride counter clock wise if you ride it. Where in NYS are you?

Last edited:
Back