• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

June BRP Ride Day#1 Agenda - Pennsylvania

H

HONDARIDER

So it looks like due to my buddy's lack of vacation time, my Blue Ridge Parkway excursion is going to be shortened by a few days. That means the pressure is going to be on to cover some distances between Mass and the southern terminus of the Parkway. Planning to head out after work on Tuesday, 19JUNE. Our first stop looks to be in the Harrisburg, PA vicinity...give or take 50 miles. Any recommendations on where to stay or more importantly where to avoid? We'll probably hit a motel of some sort for a late check-in, hot shower, and early departure. It's actually hard to imagine that there's much undesirable in Pennsylvania, but I figure it can't hurt to ask the question. Thanks.

nice stop over

I found the Best Western in Gettysburg to be a great stop. Off street parking and many dining choices in walking distance.
It's also just off Rt 15 which leads directly down to Front Royal at the start of the Skyline Drive or Rt 340 both of which will lead you right into the BRP.
:thumb

Harrisburg is a big city with all the bad things that go along with it. If you push on down 81 there are chain hotels at almost every exit. I use roomsaver.com on the blackberry (you can just show them the coupon) and always get walk in rates around $50 at places like Comfort Inn and Sleep Inn. The Fairfield Inns and Holiday Inn Express are usually about $10 more. If for some reason they insist on a paper coupon, just use the ever present free lobby computer :)

You can also get the coupon books at State welcome centers. I have found these consistently to be 40% to 50% cheaper than any price I can get anywhere else. Only downside is you usually won't get your points and they are sometimes sold out of the discount rooms, though in places like Hagerstown, an hour further (or closer such as it is) there are a multitude of places to choose from.

Back