• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

never gets old

CANADIANSTEVE

Go Leafs Go
I rode my R100RS today for the first time this spring ... after 20 snows together, 180,000 kms, ...no issues. Fantastic !!!
Steve:D

+++1 on that. I'm getting my 76 r90/6 ready tonight for some weekend riding and then maybe keep riding as Spring unwinds!:clap

Mike H
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Airheads Forever

Just did a spline lube on the R100RS Motorsport yesterday, and am waiting for a set of Spiegler SS brakelines to replace the ORIGINAL (!) ones -- (Just got the bike.)

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. . .

Walking Eagle

I'm gonna try something "new". My R80ST is on the charger and ready to go, but the ride this summer is going to be the "new" (to me) R50/2. And it's lookin' good for next week in Minnesota!:clap

I went for about a 200 mile ride a couple of days ago on my R1100RSL, and it never ceases to amaze me how after you have been off your bike for awhile they always impress you all over again! When I got back I thought to myself "Damn what a fine machine!"

Ken

The six foot high snowbank blocking my bike shed has melted down to about to about four and a half feet. Tomorrow, I'm heading out with a shovel to help out Mother Nature.
By next weekend, I too should be in the wind!

The six foot high snowbank blocking my bike shed has melted down to about to about four and a half feet. Tomorrow, I'm heading out with a shovel to help out Mother Nature.
By next weekend, I too should be in the wind!

Didn't realize that you had gotten that much snow up there ... my family outside Toronto got very little winter ... good luck with Mother Nature !!!
Steve

We received a bit under 1,5m (approx 4.5ft). but the plow piles it up high.
We usually get a fair bit more. It has been an easy winter.
I'm in the foot hills of the Laurentians and we are a fair bit north of TO. It's not a good comparison.
Ask your family near Toronto how much snow they need to get before calling out the army to help! :stick

Nothing is wrong with it.

And what is so wrong about getting old together. Been doing the spring thing with my R80 since our first spring in 1989... Unless we can count the spring of 1988 when I brought her home.
I'm happy for you and your bike.:wave
When I brought my first R100rs home in 1980, it looked just like new and before it burned in a fire in 2010, it looked just like new,but those 30 years really took a toll on my looks,etc. I was just saying these ole airheads never get old; they just eventually get new riders.

I,ve never felt any more than a caretaker of my airheads for future riders...
Couldn't agree more. I'm just holding mine for the next rider and feel a certain obligation to care for it while I have it. They're not making any more of them...

We received a bit under 1,5m (approx 4.5ft). but the plow piles it up high.
We usually get a fair bit more. It has been an easy winter.
I'm in the foot hills of the Laurentians and we are a fair bit north of TO. It's not a good comparison.
Ask your family near Toronto how much snow they need to get before calling out the army to help! :stick

My Dad has a snowblower for his tractor power take-off that takes an 8 foot cut ! No army required, but I fear Ontario will never live that story down with the army !!!

I'm holding onto my airhead for me, not the next owner. I'll never meet the next owner because he will buy the bike at my estate sale. :wave

Ub
2005 K12S
1986 R65, bought new.

Fixed it for ya.

Yes you are correct ...no need to sully the whole province !!! My favourite story about that storm came from Theo Fluery ( Calgary Flames ) ...asked about the effect that a storm of the magnitude of the Toronto one (25 cm) would have on his area, he said that " we would say the storm just missed us !!!
Steve

22 years with my 76 R100RS, and 17+ with my 94 R1100RS, and come spring they both feel as fresh and invigorating as the first time I threw my right leg over each them and "got to know them." And yet, intstantly familiar, like an old close friend.

Been a wonderful many years with both of them, and like others here, I expect they'll only part ways with me when I part ways with this world.

Andy, you and I so many other BMW riders are in agreement. We've found the bike(s) that suit us, and we'll ride them, farkle them, and fix them until we die - or a crash takes them from us. Assuming we become rideable after the crash, we have to find a new bike love affair. That was my case. I didn't stray far from my original BMW love - another KRS.

But we have to be grateful for all those folks who buy new BMWs. Those oldies we love will not be around forever - though maybe for our life span. Maybe some of the new models will really stand the test of time. Hey, they may even be better than the old bikes we love. Time will tell, and the young with the same mind-set as us older folk will buy them when they have been proven.

Yeah, like some good buddies of mine who were lucky to find "the right" life partner for themselves, finding the right bike makes sense no matter how old it is. Right is right.

Even when I replace my 94 RS, it'll probably still be resting in the stable next to its older and newer siblings. Which very likely means it'll be another flat twin BMW.

Back