• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nolan n104

EZ RT

Ok .. so I was watching the helmet review on the new Nolan n104 and was getting excited about all of the improvements and features UNTIL .. they show where they put the internal visor mechanism... REALLY!?! If I buy that helmet my Scala G4 is kaput!! Has anyone seen or heard of a way to fit the Scala Rider to this helmet? Yes I realize it's super new but just curious.

No Scala on N104

Same with the Sena SMH10 etc. Nolan has no interest in you installing a non Nolan com system on their helmets.

Too bad I would be interested otherwise.

Ok .. so I was watching the helmet review on the new Nolan n104 and was getting excited about all of the improvements and features UNTIL .. they show where they put the internal visor mechanism... REALLY!?! If I buy that helmet my Scala G4 is kaput!! Has anyone seen or heard of a way to fit the Scala Rider to this helmet? Yes I realize it's super new but just curious.

I have the Schubert C3 and it has a similar setup for the internal visor! I used the bracket with the 3M tape that came with the Scala G4, it has an extremely strong hold and I like it better than the mechanical one actually! Anyway, that said, I was able to set up the G4 so it would fit! By the way, i have Scala G4 with the longer boom for the mike, that helps too!

I have the Schubert C3 and it has a similar setup for the internal visor! I used the bracket with the 3M tape that came with the Scala G4, it has an extremely strong hold and I like it better than the mechanical one actually! Anyway, that said, I was able to set up the G4 so it would fit! By the way, i have Scala G4 with the longer boom for the mike, that helps too!

I'm trying to fit my my oval shaped melon into the new Shoe Neotec but it just seems to be sitting on my forehead the same way my Multitec does which is causing a blinding headache after a couple of hours .. :hungover .. SOOO, I really like the the modular style helmets and am tyring to find one that works for my head shape and also works with my Scala G4. I will test your method out when I go to look at the N104. THANKS

Fit test

O.K. so my local Helmet Shop dealer here in Orlando is the best as he ordered a Shoei Neotec and the N104 in two sizes each for me to try .. Anywhoo, the Shoei definately is the better quality helmet IMHO but unfortunately fits the same or similar to the multitec with the headachy pressure point to my fivehead .. The N104 is definately a good helmet though and fits my head better .. So we faux placed a Scala Rider G4 on the side of the helmet JUST behind the visor switch on the N104 .. it seems as if this may work but the mich. is just to the left side of my mouth and not directly in front of it :banghead .. Any suggestions or personal experience with this yet? ANYONE .. ANYONE ..

I had the Nolan, but for my head shape the Shoei is just a much better fit and it's lighter. Some riding buddies have the bluetooth on the Nolan, but complain that they're having to switch out batteries much too often.

Back