Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Just ordered a new GSA

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Put down the $500 deposit Friday afternoon. Order has been placed. Now it's time for Berlin to do its thing while I sit back and wait around for the next two months.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

I admire your patience. There is NO WAY I could wait that long for something so cool.
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT Traded
    2014 R1200RT fully optioned

Congratulations!

Officer Impersonator,

Very happy to hear you will be picking up your new GSA in the coming months. I hope to meet you sometime down the road.

Take care,
    Joe
    09 R1200GS

See our Moto Photo's:http://raptor02.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerImpersonator View Post
    I'm 5'11", and also have a 30" inseam.

I ride my RTP with the stock seat set at the middle height setting, and I can easily get the balls of both feet down on the ground. I feel no compelling need to flat-foot the bike I ride, whether it be the RTP or the GSA.

I've sat on a GSA in the showroom and it didn't feel too tall for me. I was able to get my toes on the ground with the bike on the center-stand, so I'm presuming I'll be able to touch the ground when the bike is off the center-stand.

If I'm an idiot, and I'm buying a bike that's too big for me, let me know before it's too late!
    I am 5' 9-1/2" with a 30" inseam, and I ride a GSA. Granted I bought it mainly as an Iron Butt and sport-touring bike and do not off-road it, but I feel very comfortable on it. I had a F650 Dakar a while back that helped me get comfortable on a tall bike, and now the GSA feels no more difficult than my daily rider (R1100RT).

The R1200GSA is more fun than just about any bike I have ever owned or ridden. The tank allows for very long legs, and the handling allows me to out-ride some of my sport bike buddies in the twisties. If you go for it you will love it.
    Christopher Ross, Lubbock, Texas

2012 R1200GSA
    1974 R90S

Good for you! I just got back from Duesseldorf where my cousin's husband just took delivery of his tripple black...the only thing he changed was replacing the seat with seats from Baehr (www.baehr.net) Really looks good!
    "Wer reitet so spaet durch nacht und wind -es ist der Vater mit seinem Kind" -- Goethe
    R1200RT, F800GS
    '80 GL1100