• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Route Help - Frederick MD to Lancaster PA

cooptroop

Hi all,

I'm heading to Lancaster PA with a friend, and I'm looking for a good route and wondering if there are any can't miss roads, covered bridges, etc. I'll be coming into Frederick on 15N. A somewhat direct route I looked at was 15 to 194 to 116 to 30 and into Lancaster. Any recommendations of what to consider or aviod are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
GH

I would avoide Route 30 as much as possible. There is nothing enjoyable there. Are you looking for a ride or just travelling from points A to B?

You will need to cross the Susquehanna. The Wrightsville Columbia bridge is a nice place to do so. In Wrightsville, the John Wright restaurant is a nice lunch stop on the river. Across the other side in Columbia is Prudhomme's Lost Cajun Kitchen. I recommend both of them.

As I recall, 216 out of Gettysburg is a nice country road running by Codurus State Park. Maybe someone from that area can comment further.

If you swing south, Route 425 along the river is a nice ride (Long Level) and there are some nice twisty sections along that route.

If you choose to cross over the river and then swing south, the River Road is a good ride. You can find that on Google Maps easily enough.

Are you looking for a ride or just travelling from points A to B?

Primary reason is to get from A to B back to A, but I'm looking for a good ride that will accomplish that (not just the most direct route). Thanks for your input!

Back