• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Roundels

D

DUCMONZA

I seem to remember seeing a company that made roundel covers for the telelever bolt covers and for the rear wheel hub. Does anyone have any idea where I could locate these items?:dunno

Last edited:
Good luck with your search for whatever you wish to customize your ride with, but here's a little anecdotal information:

That 'hole' in the rear hub exists to help cool the bearing and lubricant in the FD. Closing it with something decorative may not be such a good idea.

Not my opinion - got that from a BMW Master Technician at Nick's BMW.

Just sayin' ............... :dance

Gonna be a bit difficult to find, as the company would need to license use of BMW's trademark.

I heard the same thing about the hole being for cooling from my BMW tech. Don't know how true it is but FYI.

I heard the same thing about the hole being for cooling from my BMW tech. Don't know how true it is but FYI.

And all this time I thought it was just a place to put my wheel stand :laugh

I have heard the cooling thing as well, never read it in a BMWanese official manual...but read it a lot on the Internet.
I have seen a lot of BMW logoed add ons, but sometimes you have to supply the official roundel from the company's store. The one mentioned from Verholen is that way I do believe.

IIRC, Bob's BMW had some stick on roudels in a couple of different sizes. Might want to check there.

As do the ebay Chinese sellers have lots of non-official roundels. My R1150R "hubcap" which is about like an inch in dia. came from someone in AU selling them on www.r1150r.org several years ago. Have no idea who it was? The heat issue surely wouldn't apply to that little hole on that bike.

A&S Cycles has the rear wheel cap and the roundel to fit it. The roundel comes separately and sticks onto the cap. I have been very pleased with mine.

I also saw that they have the telelever bolt covers on their website but not sure if they have the roundel to fit these. They have various sizes so I would assume they would.

Thanks for the info. I am going to have to post a picture later today to show what I am looking for. Fortunately, I am enojoying unusually warm Michigan weather today, and am going to take a nice lunchtime ride.:bikes

Back