• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW ProRain 3 Rain Suit

Tonyfr

Are we there yet?
How many of you have this suit? I bought one and used the sizing chart that says I should fit an XL. All of my riding gear is sized Large (I'm 5'8" and 195 lbs), but when I took it out of the package it looked like it would fit a person that was 6' 5", and it was tight putting it on. Anyone have this problem? :dunno

The girlfriend and I both have one, and love it! I'm 6' at 195 lbs and I think mine is a XXL. Fits the very best over my suit!

The double sleeves on these suits are intriguing, as being a good way to keep rain out of gloves.

But I see one user reporting crotch leakage.

In my opinion they're typical European sized and not American. Check out my report on the Motorrad RainLock 2 on my blog at http://swriding.blogspot.com

rapz,

From your write-up I couldn't tell what size pants you purchased but presume I would need an XL or a XXL jacket. I am 6'3" with a 44 chest, 34 waist and 34 inseam. Based on your size and sizes purchased what would you recommend I pursue? I am very interested in this suit but my one and only dealer doesn't carry it. Living in Hawaii I will not need a size to fit over a regular riding jacket. Since I commute daily I would wear this during the rainy season most days to ensure I arrive at the office dry.

Thank you for in advance for your input.

Aloha.

Scot

I'm out of town attending Indy 500 so as soon as I get home I'll check what size I use. I think it's a Large. I'm 5'10" with 34 waist & 41 chest so you would be in the XL or XXL. I get back to you.

I"m 5'10" and weigh 175. My Rain Lock2 are size Large. I use a size 40 coat size and the rain jacket is just about perfect for me, but it can't be any smaller without restricting my arm movement and tightness on the upper back shoulders. I figure an XL would work on me as well, but it might be a bit loose. The pants are about 30" with the elastic un-stretched and about 38" stretched to the max. My waist is 34" so they fit just right over my jeans. The inseam is only about 30" but the measurement from the waist to the crouch is 15". I have a 31" inseam, but these rain pants cover my entire jean without it ever riding up. I rode in a hell of a rain storm and never got wet on my way to Big Bend National Park a couple of weeks ago. Check out the video on my blog.

I"m 5'10" and weigh 175. My Rain Lock2 are size Large. I use a size 40 coat size and the rain jacket is just about perfect for me, but it can't be any smaller without restricting my arm movement and tightness on the upper back shoulders. I figure an XL would work on me as well, but it might be a bit loose. The pants are about 30" with the elastic un-stretched and about 38" stretched to the max. My waist is 34" so they fit just right over my jeans. The inseam is only about 30" but the measurement from the waist to the crouch is 15". I have a 31" inseam, but these rain pants cover my entire jean without it ever riding up. I rode in a hell of a rain storm and never got wet on my way to Big Bend National Park a couple of weeks ago. Check out the video on my blog.

Sounds like the waist for the size pants you have would work but the length certainly would not. I will have to continue searching to obtain more info regarding the XL pants...just don't want too much excess up top. Sounds like an XL jacket may be adequate.

Thank you for sharing.

Aloha.

Back