• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airheads.org

The ABC website was compromised by hackers who gained access to our serverÔÇÖs server.

Internet vandals.............doesn't take very many to reek havok on whoever just because HS BS is so much fun. So Kewl, Man.

Hope they don't have to wipe the hard drives and start from scratch. Hope they have backups from just before the attack. Hope they can solve things without more than a few days effort.

If you could find such a pissant, it would be fun to pound them to dust with monkey wrenches.

The ABC website was compromised by hackers who gained access to our serverÔÇÖs server.

It probably never even occurred to ABC to notify it's membership of the fact and suggest they all might want to change their passwords, etc.

As if the BMWMOA hack, and Google's policy changes this week weren't enough, I was wondering where this latest deluge of SPAM in my inbox was coming from.

Probably unfair to say, but...

i actually just joined a few weeks ago and have never been able to access the site at all. emailed them a few times but nobody will get back to me. i received a postcard with my number and actually just got an issue of airmail the other day, but still can't get anyone to help with accessing the site. kinda bummed about it.

Just posting something here in hopes that maybe someone from Airheads will see this. If so, please PM me. Im in the same boat as above. Paid for membership over a month ago and never heard anything else. Got the postcard, but theres nowhere on the site to enter my number. Clicking on "Create Account" does nothing after I enter info. All my emails to them are met with fatal errors, regardless of browser. So...

TO ANYONE FROM AIRHEADS.ORG....PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!

Just posting something here in hopes that maybe someone from Airheads will see this. If so, please PM me. Im in the same boat as above. Paid for membership over a month ago and never heard anything else. Got the postcard, but theres nowhere on the site to enter my number. Clicking on "Create Account" does nothing after I enter info. All my emails to them are met with fatal errors, regardless of browser. So...

TO ANYONE FROM AIRHEADS.ORG....PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!

You might try sending this to Airheads@micapeak.com. That is the ABC list and there are already several who have posted similar problems and been helped.

I have already passed this issue along to the assistant membership person. He indicated to me that they are working on a membership update in the next 2 weeks. So those who have recently joined are in some limbo. The ABC member indicated they would look into changing the process to help minimize the registration frustration.

Why does McAfee keep warning me of the behavior

of this site and that it may be dangerous to be here?

Something is not right. Any ideas?

I'm not getting anything with Avast. I visited the forum quite a bit today at work (sssshhhh!) and I have McAfee there...no warnings whatsoever.

Make sure everything's up to date.

Just installed and updated the newest version of McAfee this morning. On another site BMWST, there was a post by a person who was experiencing the same issue with this site and McAfee.

On my desktop computer, the ISP provided software is set to update automatically. Currently it is running McAfee Security Center 11.6.435, McAfee Virus Scan 15.6.231, McAfee Personal Firewall 12.6.186, McAfee Site Advisor 3.4.1.195.

My laptop runs Microsoft Security Essentials, also updated automatically.

I've never received any warning messages about this site on either computer.

On my desktop computer, the ISP provided software is set to update automatically. Currently it is running McAfee Security Center 11.6.435, McAfee Virus Scan 15.6.231, McAfee Personal Firewall 12.6.186, McAfee Site Advisor 3.4.1.195.

My laptop runs Microsoft Security Essentials, also updated automatically.

I've never received any warning messages about this site on either computer.

Get a Mac

Get a Mac

That's what I thought till a friend of mine who is in the computer business posted this on a sailing forum when someone suggested a Mac as the solution to computer security.

"Did you perhaps forget about the Mac Flashback Trojan, from this past April, that infected 600,000 Macs?

No? How about the Mac Leapworm from 2006?
Or the Zlob Trojan from 2007?
Or the MacSweeper from 2008? The Mac's very first Scareware program!
Maybe the OS/XKrowi that installed backdoors in unsuspecting users Macs in 2009?
So, guess you never heard of OpinionSpy from 2010, that collects logins and passwords for bank accounts and whatnot?
In 2011, Mac viruses REALLY got moving with MacDefender, MacProtector and MacSecurity.
Good Ole MacDefender kept evolving and re-infecting Macs as fast as Apple could publish a security fix!
Getting back to Flashback; there are no less than FOURTEEN Variants, as of last Thursday.
Steve Jobs must be so Proud.

My favorite Trojan is the Crisis Trojan, an Equal Opportunity Malware that can infect PCs, Macs and Linux Systems, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!

Written right into the code!!

As this rant amply demonstrates, not only are Macs as prone to malware as any other platform, it has been prone to malware for over a half-dozen years and anyone who thinks Macs have "no virus's" is simply deluding themselves.
Currently, the only suspense in my life, is from waiting to see how fast and how prevalent, malware can begin infecting smartphones. So far, all the working hacks have been theoretical, but it's literally, only a matter of time before one of them makes it into the Wild.

As I've posted on numerous occasions, the two things that all 3 major computing platforms (Win, OS/X & Linux) have in common, is that they ALL use Java and they ALL go to the Web. Get you some Java-Based Malware and get it on the Web and you have the perfect infection (Java) and the perfect carrier, (the Web) working in symbiotic harmony, to trash every computer on the Planet. "

I've been running both Macs and PC's for 25+ years. I've had exactly one Mac virus and that came from a floppy in 1990 or so.

All of that blue stuff in the prior message is alien to pretty much everybody who uses a Mac.

I gave my kids netbooks a few years ago when they were all the rage. Three out of four were loaded with viruses in the first hour, merely by being connected to the internet and before any of the 64 windows "security" updates had been applied. When I restored them, I applied all of the updates before I gave them back. At that point they remained okay as long as the updates were religiously applied. This was XP.

Can Macs get viruses? Of course. Do they? It's extremely rare, almost non-existent.

Back