• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

April 1 Ride to Show Low; BBQ at Motorcyclist Cafe and Barn of Mr. Dean Lear; K1600's

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
AZ Beemers is riding from "Valley of the Blast Furnace" to the Cool Northern Pines.

There'll be all makes and models of Beemers, but there'll also be the 7 new BMW K1600's owned by AZ Beemer Members. Many more K16's are on backorder status.

Don, stupid me..................

Your original date of April 1 would be perfect, I got my dates mixed up.

I could ride to somewhere and if you wanted lead everyone to the MC B&B or the Barn. We could cook Burgers on the grill or whatever.

I would love to show everyone around.

1167969617_qs2bt-L.jpg

9-1-11-fall-gathering-MC-BB-L.jpg

"Brother Dean, With your kind permission I am going to go ahead and move this to the "Upcoming Rides" section of the AZ Beemers Club #89 Website.

Dean has graciously offered to pick up all of the lunch supplies, so we do not have to pack them on our bikes. I am asking each AZ Beemer Member riding up to Dean's on Sunday, April 1 to have a $5 - five dollar bill on them to compensate Dean. You cannot beat this deal with a stick: Cheeseburger, chips and a soda for a fiver - $5 is a heck of a deal.

If you'll please select a spot from which you could lead us to the BB/Barn.

We'll mobilize from the East Valley so we arrive at your meet spot at 1100.

We will ride up through Salt River Canyon on AZ/US 60 and return on Arizona 260 through Heber and Payson. AZB is looking forward to the ride!"

AZ Beemers: MapQuest shows 3 hours and 150 miles from the Goldfield Chevron to Show Low, so our departure time is 0800 hours. Departure point: 3265 South Goldfield Road, Apache Junction, AZ 85219. Southeast corner of US 60 and Exit is #198. My phone: 480-440-4666.

Mr. Dean Lear is one of the "Founding Fathers" of the BMW Riders Association and was the Founder and Owner of San Jose BMW. Dean installed dual plugs on my BMW R90S back in the late seventies.

Dean has graciously offered to pick up all of the lunch supplies, so we do not have to pack them on our bikes. I am asking each AZ Beemer Member riding up to Dean's on Sunday, April 1 to have a $5 - five dollar bill on them to compensate Dean. You cannot beat this deal with a stick: Cheeseburger, chips and a soda for a fiver - $5 is a heck of a deal.

Dean will give us a meeting place in Show Low later. beemerdons@aol.com Call me at 480-440-4666

Dean's K1600GT!

Here is Dean's K1600GT!

Don, glad to see that your bike is back home. Love the red color and the Remus exhausts.

Glad that I was able to lend a hand.

Exact the same color and exhausts as mine.

Looking foward to seeing everyone up here at the MC B&B April 1. ;D

Great minds think alike.

K1600-trip-10-12-11-Moab-Utah-L.jpg

And here is the K1600GT of BeemerDonS.

100_0735.jpg

Last edited:
BUMP REMINDER!

4 weeks from today we are riding up to Dean's outside of Show Low and if you are going you have to let me know by Thursday night March 29. Post here or send me your private message.

BUMP REMINDER! You must RSVP for this 4/1 Ride to Dean's Moto by Thursday March 29!!

BUMP REMINDER!

Sunday, April 1 Ride up to Dean's Moto B&B/Barn/BBQ in Show Low; 0800 departure from AJ, AZ:

List of Attendees as of 3/22:

Dean and MzPam
BeemerDonS and Donna
K1200LT-Jim
Darrel W.
Brian and Melanie B.
Steve B.
Foiler and Foilerchick
Jordan M.
Bruce and Vicki C.
Claire De Lune
Gary-Mudslide
Dave O.
Steve-azredline
AZFoxes and Phyllis
Bob F.
madmatt
RBond
Brian-Texas T and Brends
Moto99
Mike
Marc & Dee-FlyGuy405
BearTrax and Marla
jaherbst and Wife
Back Road Bob and Mary
Enrique and Dawn
Mike and Mary
Nitrox-Daniel
Cooleyman-Dave
GSJane
SkooterG
Tucson Tony

PLEASE NOTE: You must RSVP to this list no later than Thursday, 3/29 in order to make this ride!

PLEASE NOTE: Bring a five dollar bill with you, for your share of our AZB lunch and goodies fund!

Tucson riders

Is anyone else riding up from Tucson? If so, I thought we might meet up and ride to Globe together the meet the Phoenix group for the ride to ShowLow.

Is anyone else riding up from Tucson? If so, I thought we might meet up and ride to Globe together the meet the Phoenix group for the ride to ShowLow.
Hi Sam, I am from Oro Valley but came up early as we have a home in Show Low. Will meet you at the BBQ. Planning Top Of The Rockies and National this year if you are interested let me know.

Jack

Ride Report and Pics Courtesy of AZ Beemers President Brian Boles. Great BMW Fun!!!

Thanks to Dean, Pam and all who helped to have a great event.

The ride up to Show Low was excellent. I had been lagging back before entering the Salt River Canyon and had no traffic on the way down.

At the bottom, Rob filled us in on some of the details of the canyon, from his years of guiding raft trips through it. I'll need to hit some of those back roads in the area sometime.

When the main group was leaving, there was a large parade of 2 cattle trucks, 2 fuel trucks and numerous trailers. So, once again, I laid back about 5 minutes and had a zero traffic, full speed run up out of the canyon.

Took a while to cut through the parade and then we re-grouped in Show Low.

Here's my bike on the way up. I stopped to snap some pix of the group, but had the camera settings wrong at first. Sorry.

P1020647.jpg

Here we are in Show Low for the meet up.

P1020649.jpg

Don (L) and Dean (back) getting the details to the way to the Motorcyclist Cafe.

P1020650.jpg

Jim on his LT.

P1020651.jpg

Jane checking something on her bike.

P1020652.jpg

Rob, on the 2nd fastest K16. (Next to mine) We all know that blue is the fastest color because it has the shortest wavelength. Google it !!

P1020653.jpg

Tony on his White GT. This bike will be renamed "Spritzer" later in the day.

P1020654.jpg

Eileen on her FJR. I saw a FJR coming up behind me, assumed it was Greg and showed a finger gesture. It wasn't Greg. Sorry Eileen !

P1020655.jpg

Barry on his and Marla's LT. Marla is taking photos somewhere.

P1020656.jpg

8 K16's lined up in a row.

P1020657.jpg

P1020658.jpg

P1020659.jpg

48 Cylinders in this shot.

P1020661.jpg

Enjoying the hospitality in front of Dean's super garage. Miss Pam is behind Bob.

P1020662.jpg

OK, I suck with names, but this young fellow handled the BBQ grill with excellent results.

P1020663.jpg

Here's the motorcycle host with the motorcycle most, Dean.

P1020664.jpg

The most awesome bike of all. Bug guts make it faster.

P1020665.jpg

After the party, I stuck around to see if we could find the source of Tony's gas leak. It turned out to be up on the fuel rail somewhere, more teardown that we wanted to do.

After arrangements were made Steve and I headed back to the valley, riding sideways most of the way.

I found out an interesting thing, with a heavy crosswind, if you deploy the opposite side wind scoop on the K16, it will actually take a lot of the crosswind pressure out of the cockpit.

Finally, thanks all for a great day.

Back