• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

noob from ON

tdw

Hi There,

After years of 'encouragement' by a good friend, I finally took an MSF course last Summer and bought my first bike. I immediately became a daily rider and put almost 10,000 kms (6,000 mi) on it before blowing a gasket.

At the encouragement of my wife, I began looking for a replacement and settled on an '02 BMW R1150RT. I picked it up this past weekend and hope to be riding it by this coming weekend.

Here's a pic of it on the trailer right after purchasing it.
img0430oj.th.jpg

Welcome to the Forum, tdw. In what part of Ontario are you? Depending where you live, check out the Loonie-Tics in the Trenton area, the Niagara BMW Riders, the BMW Club of Ottawa or the Forest City Motorrad Club in London. You can find information about these groups under "The Club" and from there under "Charter Clubs" and "Find a Club".

Spring is fast in approaching in Ontario for you to get on the road and enjoy your RT.

Hello tdw and welcome - that's a very nice bike - you are sure to enJOY. Glad to see you here.

Welcome and +1 on what Paul said. Sounds like you have a great wife. MSF course for her next?

Back