• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

looking for a new bike

Lots of great input, thanks.

I am going to the dealership to test ride an R1200R tomorrow. I'm leaning in one of two directions, either the lowered R12R, or potentially a C650GT in the fall. I cancelled my russell day long saddle order for the connie, it's just too tall already.

I'm trying to talk myself into the idea that a 650cc scooter might not be terrible on the highway. That's probably dumb. The G was OK, pretty fun, but didn't really have the power or the weight to be all that good. I probably just need 2 bikes, one for commuting and one for touring. Can't really swing that though.

There is a 2007 burgman exec 650 for sale here in philadelphia that I am going to try to take a look at though.

Fun process. Wish I were a Rockefeller.

My short riding buddy & I are riding thru Philadephia in April on our way to the Gettysburg Getaway Weekend. If you are still undecided by then, perhaps we can meet as we ride thru & you can try on our R1200Rs?

I took a test drive on a R1200R this afternoon. Sweet bike, but I don't think it's for me. I didn't really realize how much wind protection the conny has beyond the windscreen until I rode the R. I've been able to ride all winter without being too too cold.

I guess that means waiting for the C650GT to come out. I look at that model as a great little brother to the F650GS and the F800ST. It has all the features I want (except TC) at a price that's within reach. Looks good on paper anyway, hopefully I'll get a chance to ride one this year.

I got an email from a friend who rides endurance rallies on scooters. Very encouraging, allaying my fear of not being able to do distances on that type of bike.

Unfortunately patience was never one of my strong suits!

I guess that means waiting for the C650GT to come out. I look at that model as a great little brother to the F650GS and the F800ST. It has all the features I want (except TC) at a price that's within reach.

actually, it does have Traction Control. it's called NAHMPOOAOH on this bike- short for "not a huge motor pumping out outrageous amounts of horsepower". I suspect it will do that job just fine.

Just try it

I had a Burgman for 5 years and loved it! I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. The cable release for the seat broke and that was the only problem I had the entire time. IMO, if they could get people to drive one and stop worrying about looking macho, they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.

I almost bought a Honda Silverwing last year that a friend bought and apparently forgot how to ride. He turned it over in less than 50 miles and injured himself without putting a scratch on the scooter. I did some research and found it weighed more than my R80 and used more gas. They were rated at 45 MPG but according to a forum, they frequently got less. The only problem with them was the frequent (10-15K) replacement of the CVT belt that cost about $130 uninstalled.

If you are set on BMW, the 800ST would be worth a look and try. If you are considering other brands, you might check out the Honda NT700V. It has shaft drive, ABS and adjustable windscreen, kind of a mini RT, something BMW should be building.

If you are set on BMW, the 800ST would be worth a look and try. If you are considering other brands, you might check out the Honda NT700V. It has shaft drive, ABS and adjustable windscreen, kind of a mini RT, something BMW should be building.

Agreed... until then, my '93K75RT is a most reasonable alternative :) Shaft drive, ABS, windscreen/fairing and a "real" RT! 50mpg average.

+1

this has been brought up often. Too bad that BMW doesn't listen. Instead they build these huge luxo barges.... I don't get it....:stick

Back