• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gyro bike

COOL I say! Looks like it addresses a lot of the US style commuter needs, especailly the one of how we Americans don't take well to mass transit and how we prefer to travel one person to a vehicle. It's like what the C1 BMW scooter could have become.

I can understand the gyro stability if you consider how a Segway (mispelled I know) maintains stability.

Make a gas version too, and also, why two doors? Save cost and simplify the structure with a door on one side.

I wonder though, since it is a single track vehicle like a motorcycle, and they show it with a steering wheel, how they address countersteering for leaning initiation and control? Wonder if it has speed sensors that tell it when to standard steer (slow speed and parking) and when to counter-steer when in motion?

That's an S1000RR in the background at 1:46. Good to know that these engineers are enjoying the highest tech production bike on earth. :)

Well, except unlike the Chevy Volt, this one tips over when it dies and the gyros stop spinning.

I would assume they planned a backup "prop" system to support it when parked and shut off.

Maybe a door on each side so you have an option on which side to get out? Or if it does fail and fals over, for the same reason, you have an exit. I think I'd want two doors also.

Back