Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: call ahead! Cycles not welcome!

"Motorcycles not welcome here."

Several years ago we were looking for a over 55 community in central Florida. We went to look at one but were told "No motorcycles."
    I thought "We can work it out", by perhaps getting a place near the gate and pushing it in. The reply was "No motorcycles, ridden or pushed.You park outside the gate in the dirt parking lot."
    About six monts later they were over run with mice and could't give the places away.

Stuff2c
    The places I stay are just slap ass happy I showed up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuff2c
    Nice People!

A Norwegian Scarver Girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff2C
    The places I stay are just slap ass happy I showed up!
    -Did the bellboy carry your bags to you room for you? :-)

:-) Liv.

I love that car!!!!!

Stuff2c
    No, But he did show me the facilities.

icebear
    I own a cabin in a nice vacation community in West Virginia that has a rule against motorcycles. It is only enforced against ATVs and dirt bikes. I've never had any problem with my Harley or BMW. BTW, my Harley DOES have a wicked loud 2:1 exhaust system, but the neighbors seem to think it's cool. I keep it at idle in the neighborhood though. There IS something to be said for gobs of low end torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear
    I own a cabin in a nice vacation community in West Virginia that has a rule against motorcycles. It is only enforced against ATVs and dirt bikes. I've never had any problem with my Harley or BMW. BTW, my Harley DOES have a wicked loud 2:1 exhaust system, but the neighbors seem to think it's cool. I keep it at idle in the neighborhood though. There IS something to be said for gobs of low end torque.
    According to Pete Hill (5 time NHRA Top Fuel Champion) those 2/1 exhaust are worth around 10-15 midrange HP over straight pipes! But if you ever ride across Paris Mtn. could you please tone it down a bit?

Also Pete says there is no substitute for cid. He has a 155 cid "play-bike"!

MTBATP

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy
    Several years ago we were looking for a over 55 community in central Florida. We went to look at one but were told "No motorcycles."
    I thought "We can work it out", by perhaps getting a place near the gate and pushing it in. The reply was "No motorcycles, ridden or pushed.You park outside the gate in the dirt parking lot."
    About six monts later they were over run with mice and could't give the places away.
    great story. the lord works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform!!! (what better way to teach the bat-rastards than sending a plague of mice.) please see my previously posted diety disclaimer.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com