• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

call ahead! Cycles not welcome!

the shot of the two of you on the bike is excellent. photo of the week stuff!

Sly, maybe you should get a telelever, then you're front end won't be so SQUIRRELY !!

And congrats !!

Tim

In 1976 when we lived on James Island and Seabrook was just starting to be ruined we took the Norton over the see the place. Same thing. They said that because some kids on dirt bikes had cut-up a golf green bikes were no longer allowed. They didn't have an answer when I asked about Jeeps and the like.
Around 1983/4 I heard that Malcom Forbes and some of his guys had just returned from a motorcycle trip through China (including the forbibben city) and were heading to his newly purchased (without ever visiting it)house on Seabrook and were also turned back! They said he had a fit and demanded his money back because if he could ride his Harley through China he would damn well ride it to his house in SC! Didn't work.
Around here in Greenville the private communities will not allow non-residents to enter on bikes but if you own property it's ok. After listining to the too loud Harley's and then the Corvette club cross Paris Mtn. on their little get-togethers I can see why. Just one reason the Princess and I are glad we live on the North side of the mountain and well off the main road.
Also, The Marchant Co. told me they cannot resrtict just one brand so we all suffer.
Thank you 1%ers.

MTBATP

SNC 1923 said:
I'm no lawyer (by any means) but I'm pretty sure this isn't legal.

What if I were a property owner and a motorcycle was my sole means of transportation? I mean people can regulate noise levels (loud pipes) and off-road vehicles, vehicles that weigh too much, etc., but not legitimate means of transportation.

If someone would take this to court, I think it would be winnable.

A property owner/motorcyclist in a planned community somewhere in SoCal took the community to court over this exact issue. He lost.

"Motorcycles not welcome here."

Several years ago we were looking for a over 55 community in central Florida. We went to look at one but were told "No motorcycles."
I thought "We can work it out", by perhaps getting a place near the gate and pushing it in. The reply was "No motorcycles, ridden or pushed.You park outside the gate in the dirt parking lot."
About six monts later they were over run with mice and could't give the places away.

The places I stay are just slap ass happy I showed up!

Attachments

• P4080119 (Small).JPG
    P4080119 (Small).JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 81
No, But he did show me the facilities.

Attachments

• MVC-017S (Small).JPG
    MVC-017S (Small).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 80
I own a cabin in a nice vacation community in West Virginia that has a rule against motorcycles. It is only enforced against ATVs and dirt bikes. I've never had any problem with my Harley or BMW. BTW, my Harley DOES have a wicked loud 2:1 exhaust system, but the neighbors seem to think it's cool. I keep it at idle in the neighborhood though. There IS something to be said for gobs of low end torque.

Icebear said:
I own a cabin in a nice vacation community in West Virginia that has a rule against motorcycles. It is only enforced against ATVs and dirt bikes. I've never had any problem with my Harley or BMW. BTW, my Harley DOES have a wicked loud 2:1 exhaust system, but the neighbors seem to think it's cool. I keep it at idle in the neighborhood though. There IS something to be said for gobs of low end torque.

According to Pete Hill (5 time NHRA Top Fuel Champion) those 2/1 exhaust are worth around 10-15 midrange HP over straight pipes! But if you ever ride across Paris Mtn. could you please tone it down a bit?

Also Pete says there is no substitute for cid. He has a 155 cid "play-bike"!

MTBATP

Old Guy said:
Several years ago we were looking for a over 55 community in central Florida. We went to look at one but were told "No motorcycles."
I thought "We can work it out", by perhaps getting a place near the gate and pushing it in. The reply was "No motorcycles, ridden or pushed.You park outside the gate in the dirt parking lot."
About six monts later they were over run with mice and could't give the places away.
great story. the lord works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform!!! (what better way to teach the bat-rastards than sending a plague of mice.) please see my previously posted diety disclaimer.

Back