• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New guy in Northern Calif

Scot

Well I did it, broke down and spent the money for membership (instead of using it for parts) :) . I have a /5 I am getting close to finishing the restore on. Here's a look at state of the bike this week.

2-19-12-800.jpg

Very fine:)

Welcome from Clovis,CA.. Had one of those in 1972, toaster and all, miss it. Yours looks better than mine ever did! Boy, that had to be the smoothest Beemer I ever owned, regarding twins. Mine was the 75/5 shorty. Hope ya get some serious riding in, come Springtime. A set of original Wixom Bags looks really good on those old ones. Finding them is the task! I saw some not too long ago, maybe the forum classifieds here. Better look. Randy:usa

Welcome Scot! There seems to be only a few of us in the north part of the State. I love your bike!!!!! I had a toaster for a while in the early 70s and an R69S for a long time prior to the toaster. Wish I still had both of them. Maybe we will cross paths sometime. I picked up my "C" in 2010 after many years off bikes.

Welcome Scot

Thanks for sharing the pics. It is a beautiful bike and you are doing a fine restoration it seems. Let us see the final pics.
DW

The Lift. . .

First, WELCOME. I do a lot of riding in NorCal, and can't think of a finer set of roads anywhere. . .and I've seen a few!

Second: Gorgeous restoration, and you deserve a lot of credit. You've got an "eye," obviously. My worldview is that each and every one of these magical beasts should be treated like the mechanical marvels that they are. . .all precious, whether for show or for flogging, or BOTH!

And. . .last but not least, good pick on the lift. I got one of these same ones a few months ago after years of lying on my back or kneeling down for long minutes on a pair of aging knees. . .Oh, man. How sweet is is. This one is better than the Harbor Freight model, costs about the same, and takes up less room. Not as big a surface for tools, etc., but I've got a one-car garage with three motos, and one of them is a rig!

Thanks for the eye-candy.

Walking Eagle

Back