• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Not So Quiet Area?

Stuff2C said:
IÔÇÖm confused! I keep reading about dogs and RVÔÇÖs. Is this a motorcycle rally youÔÇÖll be attending? Sounds like a AARP sponsored event. :snore

You wonder why you have trouble attracting a younger crowd to the BMW group. :dunno

Do I have to wait for the sun to go down to find the people having "FUN" or is there a good place to look in the daylight? I hate setting up my TENT in the dark.

Motorhomes and dogs probably don't have anything to do with it. I think people are either intrinsically attracted to something or they are not, in my experience. I'm a newbie here and don't read anything but the rally forum; maybe your position has been discussed by others elsewhere, but I would think income, education, and image are the driving reasons for the demographics.

Mike_In_Lima said:
Motorhomes and dogs probably don't have anything to do with it. I think people are either intrinsically attracted to something or they are not, in my experience. I'm a newbie here and don't read anything but the rally forum; maybe your position has been discussed by others elsewhere, but I would think income, education, and image are the driving reasons for the demographics.

Mike, Please don't take this the wrong way! Do you own a dog, a motor home and are you a member of AARP. :stick

Stuff2C said:
IÔÇÖm confused! I keep reading about dogs and RVÔÇÖs. Is this a motorcycle rally youÔÇÖll be attending? Sounds like a AARP sponsored event. :snore

You wonder why you have trouble attracting a younger crowd to the BMW group. :dunno

Personally I've never given it a moment's thought. Just what exactly are you saying? Are you looking for a group that is exclusively for the under 40 crowd? Under 30 crowd? Should there be an upper age limit? Or maybe ONLY for people who like to camp in tents - no RV's allowed?

:dunno :dunno :dunno

"no RV's allowed?"

If you can get one in your saddle bag. :bikes

They do have Air Stream events. :thumb

I think to get the true meaning, you'd have to read from the beginning of this thread.

BradfordBenn said:
I think KBasa said it earlier in the thread, "Everyone rallys their own way."

Spoken like a true politician. :wave

And stirs up a thread thier own way. :brow

No RV's??? Don't tell BoxerGrrlie! :p

But seriously, let's think about this. No matter how much practical use we get from our bikes, we still overwhelmingly enjoy transporting ourselves on them. That makes them Recreational Vehicles.

Feeling philosophical,

The Veg

Imho

If you are gonna have a small rally in a park or field it should be limited to what you bring on or pull with a motorcycle. Everyone else is welcome to stay off-site and do as you please. But, when you have the facilities, like the RA in TN last year, you can have mc camping, RV camping, cabins, and a lodge all nearby. That seems to be a great solution. My gripe is when the mc campers are furthest away and last considered. Because,to me, that is what motorcycle rallies are all about. The campfire is the entertainment!

Rallies are for Riders

MarkF said:
If you are gonna have a small rally in a park or field it should be limited to what you bring on or pull with a motorcycle. Everyone else is welcome to stay off-site and do as you please. But, when you have the facilities, like the RA in TN last year, you can have mc camping, RV camping, cabins, and a lodge all nearby. That seems to be a great solution. My gripe is when the mc campers are furthest away and last considered. Because,to me, that is what motorcycle rallies are all about. The campfire is the entertainment!
:thumb
I agree Mark. I just returned from a local event, The Charter Oak Rally with a couple of hundred participants, 2-3 trailers and one 'Bago. The camping areas were varied and well appointed. The food and entertainment were great. Everyone was friendly and a good time was had by all.
Big rallies cast a wide net. I trust that the brain trust at BMWMOA Lima will site the camper/riders in a good spot preferably away from the 'Bagos and their generators. I like to have my bike close to my tent so hopefully there will be access lanes to avoid tent slalloming(sp).
hooyah :thumb

I don't mind the sounds of partying in a campground because the pros know how to handle it and the amatuer drinkers usually drop off early. What gets my pisstivity level up is the yappy little tank bag dogs that yip and yap all night like last weekend at Rocket City. Just as I was getting dressed to exit my tent and confront the canine owner, I heard what could only be described as someone drop kicking the little bastard. After one last yelp, the campground went silent and peaceful. Kudos to the brave soul with the swift boot! Don't bring dogs to my rallies and I won't do burnouts in your kennels! :banghead

Some one should of drop kicked the MORON who owned the dog not the dog. Dogs bark. The owner should of been keeping an eye on it.
Dennis

Back