Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Not So Quiet Area?

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Then again, bringing pets to a motorcycle rally is beyond me too!
    i'll bet this is a *really* long list of items!

... or better yet, the economy sized can of WD-40 and a butane cigar torch.
    When I was a kid we found that carb cleaner worked better. So did this one Teflon spray tht Dad had.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Thumbs up

I'm advocating night time debauchery at the hotel, and leave the campers alone!

Gail
    ps
    What's with all the unregistered postings??
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer
    I'm advocating night time debauchery at the hotel, and leave the campers alone!

Gail
    ps
    What's with all the unregistered postings??
    So which hotel are you staying at? Party at Gail's room
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

JOECUBANA

Me too!

I had to promise Mrs. Cubana that we would stay at a hotel for our initial foray into the rally scene (I still haven't told her we are camping at Loraz' for the Stoltace...Shhhh)....we could use that as a not too quie area.

Only one problem...in my lack of memory, I can't remember which hotel I made reservations at! I received a confirmation, but it didn't give a number or the hotel name! Now I have to take a list and call to see if I'm registered!

Argh

mostlyirish

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Joecubana
    Only one problem...in my lack of memory, I can't remember which hotel I made reservations at! I received a confirmation, but it didn't give a number or the hotel name! Now I have to take a list and call to see if I'm registered!

Argh
    I hear you Joe. Fortunately the Mrs. takes care of that business for us. Otherwise I would be scrambling the day before to figure out where I am supposed to be.

Need More Riding Time Kneedragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    I give that rant an 8.5.

Someone obviously has WAY too much time on their hands!!!

Hey, gimme some popcorn!

BUBBAZANETTI
    i think i'll be tenting* in the "what's sleep??" area

* in all honesty i'm just gonna bring a tarp and build a shelter out of that and my bike

Loud Camping

So, my friends --- what REALLY IS loud camping?

Is it (as is commonly accepted) the area for people who play late into the night and try to sleep a little later in the morning?

Or is it rather, the camping area for those rally-goers who get up early? The ones who sit at the picnic table outside our tents, and chatter merrily at 6 AM?

That's my philosophical conundrum for the day.

Have a great weekend!
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke
    Loud is where the couples share their carnal knowledge and everyone the next day stares.

Is it (as is commonly accepted) the area for people who play late into the night and try to sleep a little later in the morning?

Or is it rather, the camping area for those rally-goers who get up early? The ones who sit at the picnic table outside our tents, and chatter merrily at 6 AM?
    The quiet area is where some warm up their airheads for half an hour then weave between the tents. It's only quiet at midnight.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by D'Lilah
    Well, glad to hear we're not the only ones. Although, I can't say mine are lap dogs. They are labs, but they are very well behaved. We travel with them all the time, and they love it!!! They can tell by our eye out for you guys in Lima!
    You are going to a motorcycle rally with Labrador Retrievers? Emphasis on plural! As in more than one? How many dogs are you bringing to the rally?
    Of course they're well behaved because dog owners are deaf to their barking, think their dog's poop smells like lilacs and squishing between the toes of bare feet is so cute and if the dogs bite, snarl, lunge or otherwise intimidate people that may stroll too closely to where they are chained up it is because "You must have provoked him because he has never done that before." When anyone acquires a dog their IQ drops at least ten points immediately. Do you trailer your dogs, use sidecars? Why don't you go to a dog show if you like dogs so much. Doesn't it damage a dog's ears when you see them flopping in the 75 mile per hour wind while in a sidecar or sticking their head out the window of a car?
    There are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners.

Long Gone

That's my philosophical conundrum for the day.

Have a great weekend!
    Speaking philosophically, both examples fit into loud camping. If you're gonna make noise, you should be willing to take noise. Your question implies there are no guidelines for quiet camping and I'm a little suprised that, after 30+ Nationals. My campground owners' association specifies quiet hours from 11PM to 7AM.

If your examples reflect reality, maybe the locations should be renamed "party hearty" and "early riser". Oh, no - another map change!

Since this will be my first National in 25 years, I guess I'm in for an education. My thanks to Brad for recommending earplugs as something special to pack for the National!
    Chris

1973 R75/5, traded in on...
    2004 R1150RT
    1989 Yamaha Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    You are going to a motorcycle rally with Labrador Retrievers? Emphasis on plural! As in more than one? How many dogs are you bringing to the rally?
    Of course they're well behaved because dog owners are deaf to their barking, think their dog's poop smells like lilacs and squishing between the toes of bare feet is so cute and if the dogs bite, snarl, lunge or otherwise intimidate people that may stroll too closely to where they are chained up it is because "You must have provoked him because he has never done that before." When anyone acquires a dog their IQ drops at least ten points immediately. Do you trailer your dogs, use sidecars? Why don't you go to a dog show if you like dogs so much. Doesn't it damage a dog's ears when you see them flopping in the 75 mile per hour wind while in a sidecar or sticking their head out the window of a car?
    You call this a rant? It's not even worthy of having an Airhead SBD logo posted near it. You're going to have to better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    Bad hair day, Fritz?

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Talking Mo dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by wuli959
    You call this a rant? It's not even worthy of having an Airhead SBD logo posted near it. You're going to have to better than this.
    You left out a "do". Worthy of an Airhead Logo? That is the whole point.
    Airheads like to keep it simple. I don't see anything simple about hauling a pack of dogs along on a "motorcycle" trip! Chains, leashes, food, food dishes, pooper scoopers, etc. etc etc. My definition of a well behaved dog is one that you are not aware of the presence of. That is something I have no problem with. Most of the people I know that own dogs make it evident they prefer the company of dogs over humans. That is fine with me but don't come to my house for cards and tell me you have to get home because your dog is lonely, hungry, cold, hot or what have you.
    When I see a dog owner with a club jacket for the breed of dogs they own I know the people really care about projecting a positive image of the breed and feel comfortable around them. I have photos of dogs sticking their heads out of tank bags at rallies because they are so cute. I've owned dogs probably for the wrong reasons like it would be nice for the kids. They soon tire of taking care of them. As far as this rant goes, it is just my opinion. I may stop by your motor home and if your pet is so inclined I would welcome him/her on my lap for a few strokes but then would move on to do my own thing. See you in Lima and I will have my Fritz button on so you can give me your opinion. My club members tell me I like to stir things up. Naawwww!