• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150RT Splash Guards

jsoque

On the heels of the R1200 Splash Guards thread, I have to throw this out there for my 1150RT.

Like many of you, I'm an all season rider. It's February 22, 2012 now, and we've had a milder than normal winter here on Long Island, NY.

Last October/ Nov 2011, I had a ride planned, and delivered on it. Upstate NY to Lake George, et al.

In 4 days of riding, I had 3 days of rain. The only thing that got wet and cold were my feet. I could see that the front wheel spray from the road was the culpret, but, could not prevent any splash/ spray from getting my feet more and more wet!

I was doing some research, and wonder if anyone else has added ANYTHING to deflect water/road spray, other than an extender to the fender, such as Pyramid's Fenda EXTENDA?

Continued........

Attachments

• F.E. stock photo.jpg
    F.E. stock photo.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Continued

......During my research on that, I stumbled onto this photo of a 2 banger with a fender extender, IN ADDITION ~ there is another lower deflector, perhaps 3 mm Polypropylene/Leucite Plastic, mounted to the tuperware, just aft of the end of the fender extender in the photo below, and, mounted on the leading edge of the oil pan, closest to the road.

This would appear to catch additional spray from the tire, and have it condense here, and fall off the bottom, effectively keeping the riders feet, just that much drier.

If any one else has mounted this kind of a 'secondary mud guard' - 'secondary spray guard' , please chime in, especially with a photo, dimensions, mounting advice, and even poor combinations for deflecting wet spray from the road.

I appreciate your thoughts, cuz, I ain't gonna let a 'little rain' keep me off the roads this year...

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• M-Flap e812_12.jpg
    M-Flap e812_12.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 322
Back