• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Another AZ Airhead

111db

Just checking in, new project 75 R60/6 as of last week. First BMW for me.

It's in pretty rough shape, but runs, and smokes more than Charlie Sheen & Keith Richards combined. Going to do a leakdown check tonight and most likely pull the cylinders to take a peek & measure rings.

Haven't dismantled a horizontally opposed engine since A&P school 20 years ago, so this should be fun.

:brow

Welcome! Nice little "project" you have there. My Dad had one of those...couldn't quite get rid of the pinging, but then we didn't know what we were doing! Sounds like you do. Good luck...check in with the Airheads further down the forum. We'll help out...maybe even give a right answer to boot!!

Very easy:)

You'll find nothing much easier to work on in motorcycle circles than an old twin. I have a old one I still ride, bought new. They simply don't seem to go away:). A few years back, BMW actually found serial number 0000001 engine, 1923 I believe STILL being used to pump water on some farm in Europe! BMWON ran an article or short story on it. Sorry I forgot the issue month/year. Enjoy the /6, get r going again and smile at its simple ways. Don't kill yourself with the brakes of yesteryear:). A riding style all its own vs. todays rockets and ABS....Randy:usa:dance

Back