• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

motorcyle related APs for the itouch or other mobile devices

romany

What APs - motorcycle related have you downloaded. What's your assessment?

Can anyone recall reading an article in a recent ON magazine about an AP downloaded to an itouch.

The author was using it in his garage as a reference while working on his bike.

I've stupidly left my back issues at my parents house, 5,000 kilometers away, and since I've just purchased an itouch I'd like to load it with at least one practical AP.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

If you camp, I find Campwhere App to be most useful, along with the Garmin Streepilot App.
The Garmin is stand alone GPS app, no network needed with all of north america's maps loaded.
Perfect for street day rides when I'm not following tracks, and as my backup GPS while exploring the back country.
Not sure if the iPod Touch has the GPS chip in though.

Here's a thread on ADV that might help more:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637474&highlight=iphone

Tapatalk

You can access this forum using the Tapatalk app. Instructions for logging in are available here.

The Trapster app will alert you to police speed traps along the way.

BikeBandit's app gives handy access to parts diagrams and part numbers in case you need to order parts on the road. (like RealOEM but in mobile format).

Skype is nice to have as a backup phone method. Last summer while touring Colorado we stayed at a lodge with no cellular access, but we could make calls via Skype over their internet connection.

I've got all these on my iPhone. They should work the same on an iPod Touch.

I have BMW Envi ($), Roadside (free with the service), and Bike Bandit.com.

I have weather channel, accuweather, weather bug and radar us. I use them all to plan and keep up with storms. I have adjusted many trips to ride around big storms that I would have ridden straight through without the information.
I use Kayak and Travel Advisor for finding and booking rooms. I use Yelp and Travel Advisor to find good places to eat and help locate other useful business. Roadside America is a fun app to find unusual places for day trips like the worlds biggest ball of paint or giant statues of woodchucks. That app has given me other great destinations like a giant ladies leg sundial at a nudist colony. I got the photo and didn't even have to get naked. I saw some nude people I would have rather not seen naked but it made for some great memories.

Back