• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Oconomowoc, WI

bmwgypzee

Hello to all. I'm new to BMW but have been riding for 40 some years. Just bought a 2010 R1200RT, and I'm waiting to ride it, just as soon as I lower it enough for my 5'4" frame to reach the ground. Similar problem I've had with most of my rides over the years.

Current collection includes '08 Victory Vision, '00 HD Electra Glide, '99 Excelsior Henderson, '77 850 Lemans Moto Guzzi.

Any suggestions on lower tips are appreciated. I'm considering 2" shorter shocks from Hyper Pro, along with the extra low seat offered by BMW.

Welcome to the forum. I don't know about lowering your specific bike but I did use a Hyperpro kit when I lowered my F800GS 2". Like a lot of things...it would be easier to do the second time around. The kit was fine. Good luck. Gary

Welcome to the forum. I have a 2010RT as well. It's a great machine.
I don't have any answers to your lowing matter but I'm the president of the Wisconsin BMW Club and I know there are club members that can help. Send me a PM and I'll help out in whatever way I can. We meet the first Friday of every month in New Berlin.

Wow someone else who can spell Oconomowoc!

You're definitely on the right track with the lower shock and seat. You might find that is enough of a difference. When I briefly looked at getting the RT the guys at Nicks BMW in Green Bay said they could get the seat height to 28.5 inches. You could give them a call.

I'm 5'2.5" so I feel you.

Welcome to the club from Alabama. Glad to have you aboard. While heading to the rally in West Bend a few years back I had the opportunity to visit with some friends overnught at their beautiful home on the lake in beautiful Oconomowoc...took a boat ride down the lake to the band shell to listen to the concert...an awesome time indeed!

I have no experience with lowering that bike but good luck with it. Ride Safe and enjoy!

Back