• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Auxiliary lights that don't empty the wallet suggestions

wisconsinkris

I have a 2005 f650cs

I am looking for auxilary lights that won't break the bank. I'm not looking to light up a trail just enhance the ability for oncoming cars to see me as well as light up the first 30 feet immmediatly in front of the tire in front of me while pulling into the driveway and garage.

Anyone gone a cheap way successfully?

Prepare to be moved to Gear once the Mod Gods get wind..

good question though. Most Aux light systems must be made out of unobtanium by what they cost.

Isn't that what Captain America's shield was made out of?

DC

Hella ff50, good lights, good price

+1 on the Hella FF50. Great light, plastic body with a quality casr reflector/sealed lens, H7 bulb. Last I looked you can find them for $100 or less. Full kit with relay, wiring harness and switch.

I have a 2005 f650cs

I am looking for auxilary lights that won't break the bank. I'm not looking to light up a trail just enhance the ability for oncoming cars to see me as well as light up the first 30 feet immmediatly in front of the tire in front of me while pulling into the driveway and garage.

Anyone gone a cheap way successfully?

I went with these on my 2003 CS with the remote.

The Model 60
http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-41/Model-60-LED-off/Detail.bok
Wide Beam
3600 lumens
Cree XM-L T6 LEDs
2.4 amps (28 watts) @12v
aluminum housing
Length: 70mm , Diameter 55mm
Black durable coating
o-ring sealed housing
one meter wire lead
includes flat mount mounting option - (stainless)
shatter resistant lens
a special introductory price for ADVR inmates which will be good through the end of February. Simply enter the code m60sale into the promo code box and save $20 on the Model 60.

+3 on the FF50's.

Got a set of foglight FF50's from Susquehanna Motorsports for the R1150R I had a few years ago, and put a set on my R11S last year.

With the fog lenses I found they had such a sharp upper cutoff line that I could just leave them on all the time. Put a ton of light on the road close to the bike and projected down the road and to the side very nicely to...

Good luck..

Search eBay for LED marker lights. They draw little power and provide no illumination, but are visable in the day and nite. I had a set on my GSPD for a year or two. Cost me $12.50 for a set. No switch, but they used so little current that I wired them to a switched circuit so they came on with the ignition.

Here is an example of what you can find ($21.00). Play with the words you use to search.

I think this will be a better fit in Gear ...we try to fit it in where the title seems to take it as sometimes it is model specific. It works either place, but will move it as it will be a general add on for more models...hang on again.

That said...

I installed a set of these on a friends 650GS twin last week. The brackets mounted on the fender mounting screws. He chose the mounting location and is testing it out.

Made by VisionX, whose site has lot's of lighting options, some pretty reasonable. Some farm equipment guys may know about these:whistle

http://www.amazon.com/Solstice-Moto...B0053TRT34/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_W.3fpb1Z658FD_tt

When I bought my 02RT it had the small PIAA lights and liked them alot, But one burned out last year so this winter I went real cheap. I went to Walmart and got a set that looks almost the same fot $20 bucks. I hooked them up a couple a weeks ago and they are real bright. I have not road at night with them yet, but my main reason for them was so people would see me in the day and I think they will work just fine for that. And for $20 dollars I thought if I don't like them I'm not out much. And I will go with a higher dollar set, but I think that I'm going to like them.

When I bought my 02RT it had the small PIAA lights and liked them alot, But one burned out last year so this winter I went real cheap. I went to Walmart and got a set that looks almost the same fot $20 bucks. I hooked them up a couple a weeks ago and they are real bright. I have not road at night with them yet, but my main reason for them was so people would see me in the day and I think they will work just fine for that. And for $20 dollars I thought if I don't like them I'm not out much. And I will go with a higher dollar set, but I think that I'm going to like them.

+1! I have a cheap set on my bike, 55 watt h3 bulbs. Replacement bulb is like 4 bucks. I use them in the daylight to be seen, but they are plenty bright for night time too, which is why I don't use them at night. I find that the reflected light from the road is very distracting, so I use them only for city driving at night, when the ambient city light is high and turn them off when out of town. But I use them all the time in daylight.

If you Google "Pilot Driving Lights", you'll come up with some inexpensive options.

I had the PL-1010C models (PIAA clones) installed on my K75's fork legs w/ the Martin Fabrication mounts. Did a decent job.

+

Hella ff50, good lights, good price

and you can, with a bit of labor and ingenuity mount them to the brake caliper housing(?) using $3 "L"brackets from home depot. There are pix somewhere on the forum. maybe oilheads. works for me.

LED lights

My recent addition to the rig. ADVMonster LED's on the bike forks and one in the hack. Not giving up the FF50's on the fairing.

Mount made with aluminum, bent in the vice. Chrome spacers from ACE hardware in the bolt recess in the fork legs:

Attachments

• LED's 001.jpg
    LED's 001.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 946
Front view, Hack LED at full power, fork LED's dimmed:

Attachments

• LED's 002.jpg
    LED's 002.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 878
Back