• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

hot weather jacket

lonetour

Lonetour
I'm in the market for a mesh jacket. Any opinions on the Alpinestar Airwave or the Slider All Season Kevlar jacket? Or any other jacket around the $250 range.

I've used a BMW Air jacket in the summer about six years. Works well, still looks good.

Hot weather? Hot weather? Don't talk to me about hot weather. Yeesh, it's 25 and windy here in MA today.

Look at a Tourmaster Sonora jacket. It's 3/4 length with wet and warm liners, generous armor, lots of mesh and comes in hi-viz as well as traditional colors. :thumb

pete

I use a Tourmaster Draft and Revit! Tornado. I use the Revit suit on the really hot days (90+) and the Draft on the other days. I went with Tourmaster because my previous Draft made it through a 55mph highside crash.

I'm in the market for a mesh jacket. Any opinions on the Alpinestar Airwave or the Slider All Season Kevlar jacket? Or any other jacket around the $250 range.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll check them out!
oh by the way it's cold here in Illinois too, I'll be riding to Austin in August and dread riding there in my black Firstgear Kenya.

I agree, can't go wrong with BMW airflow

I've got an Airflow, but I now have a BMW Airshell jacket and like it better than the Airflow. It also has the removable windproof and rainproof liner. It costs more but is more versatile. It is also super bright yellow, more visible than my yellow Airflow.

Harry

AK, your posted got me thinking and since it is snowing outside I went to the closet to check and sure enough...I have a BMW air shell jacket not airflow. When you said yours was brighter I thought mine was bright as well. Now I know, and yes I do like it a lot! :doh

Motoport - I'm told it's one of the best most indestructible jackets/pants you can own.

I put that to the test on a Colorado gravel road a few years back while riding at about 30mph. I don't don't know how far I slid, but the armour totally protected my body. The jacket and pants had only minor scrapes that are not noticed unless I point them out. That was in '07 and the suit still looks good. :bow:dance

I missed that part, but that would also exclude the BMW airflow as well..... But he should save up the dough and get the best. I have the motoport with the waterproof liner and the heated liner as well and it is an expensive solution to being in Texas. I can keep dry and warm on these cold and drizzly days and when summer gets here i am ready to go. It beats having multiple jackets. They are not the most fashionable but they work.

Back