• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Yoga at the 2012 Rally

Peoria Mac

We may be meeting prior to the rally.
I have shared with Jim that I want to fix my p-rod oil seals prior to the rally.

I love my '73 R75/5. She is a sweetie.
Best,
Howard

good idea for yoga

Great idea to have a morning session of yoga. It could be 30-60 minutes to get the blood circulating after sleeping on the ground, even with a nice comfy mattress. When you boilng water for your morning coffee it's a good time to stretch and smell the coffee and flowers. Not as young anymore, I do yoga stretches after getting gas and a stop at a road side park. I just don't take out the mat.:bow

Last edited:
I go to yoga now and then, but just for the eye candy in spandex. Wrong reason, I know.

yoga+10.jpg

However, the thought of watching graybeards in suspenders doing yoga at the Rally is very disturbing.

Ya'll need to take a Life Drawing class so that you are unaffected by the sight of bodies, big, small, or in-between.

Andi Borella has been offering classes in Qi Gong at the last few Nationals. you might want to talk to her in advance of the rally.

I just finished my very first yoga class and really enjoyed it!

Let's see how I feel tomorrow after all that bending and stretching.

My wife teaches yoga. I learn from the "trickle down" effect. I do yoga stretches on the road, modified to do while riding down the road. It really helps. No more sciatica. Better concentration on the road. Right now she is taking a class in breathing. This could certainly be done whilst riding down the road. There was a yoga event at Johnson City. Be careful of yoga teachers that want you to twist around alot. You should never do anything that hurts.

A friend of mine and MOA member, Lisa, led the Camp Gears kids in a Yoga session in Johnson City. Andrea was unable to attend and offer her seminar, and Lisa stepped in and provided 2 seminars as well as a morning stretch for those interested.

Jerry and I have been participating in Gentle Yoga classes, and it's been great for stretching. :thumb
You're right......if it hurts, it's not doing you any good.

Into that:)

My Daughter(Jessica) does Yoga and we just discussed it last week to her elder Dad, ME! Well, she rides a F650 and flies a F18Hornet(VF106) for our US Navy. I LISTEN when she speaks:). Having Yoga at the rally would be a good thing and most could benefit from it, old and young. My GSA bones sure could use any benefit I can find:). Randy:thumb

Back