• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RT~v~R

RT v. R

2010 R1200rt. I believe you are concerned either bike might be "too sporty" in riding position. They are similar. Both can be made "more relaxed" with Suburban foot peg lowering brackets and some Bar backs. I did these mods to my RT, you can read about it in the Jan. MOA News.

I have an R1200RT and an R1200R. Stock the R has a more forward leaning riding position and less distance between seat and pegs. I installed peg lowering on both and bar backs on the R only. I find the R now has a neutral riding position as the RT has always had.

2010 R1200rt. I believe you are concerned either bike might be "too sporty" in riding position. They are similar. Both can be made "more relaxed" with Suburban foot peg lowering brackets and some Bar backs. I did these mods to my RT, you can read about it in the Jan. MOA News.

Neat article by the way. Enjoyed it very much.

Happy riding!

I added the Suburban Machinery barback/risers and that fixed the forward lean on my RR. Very neutral ride now, similar to stock RT. I don't mind the peg positions on either, but I do not have knee problems either. I do find that the RT pegs are a bit more relaxed in position from my RR though, and they are definitely wider.

The R1100R riding position

was pretty close to the R1100RT. but when the R1150R came out, it was more sporty.

I found & read that, nice article. What did you do on the brake side?

Back