• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Travel and Track Decal

elgin mary

I bought a Travel and Track Decal from a post on this forum. You are supposed to be able to lift off the states on the decal as you have ridden in them. I got the decal on OK but now I can't remove the individual states as simply as the instructions state.

Has anyone else bought this and managed to get the states off without scratching the bike's paint? What's the secret? I've tried using my fingernail as the instructions direct. That didn't work. I've also tried an exacto knife and tweezers.

Help.

Thanks,

Decal

I found it in the Flea Market under Dynamic Maps. The web site is travelandtrack.com

I was very disappointed in the lack of response I got to several emails to the seller to get some information. I'm now very disappointed in the product.

Am I the only one who bought the decals?

Thanks for any help.

I went to their website and downloaded the instructions, here:

http://www.travelandtrack.com/Instructions.pdf

Did you remove the clear plastic film? They typically use a die cutter on these decals, sometimes the blade can become dull or doesn't cut deep enough. It also says to start at the center of the state.

Yup, did all that. Used my fingernail at the center of a large state, Illinois. Got little scraps of the state off but only after doing some damage to my bike.

Seems that it should be lots easier.

Travel and Track

Mary... outside of the posts on this site, and the email I received from you today, I wasn't aware anyone was experiencing any difficulty with my maps. As a matter of fact, the feedback I have received thus far has been very positive. As I stated in my earlier email, I have received messages from other riders that didn't have an issue installing the maps and removing the states. One rider from Texas indicated he started at the edge of the state and pushed toward the center, being careful not to rip the border, then removed the filler with his fingers. He thought this was easier, though he indicated he didn't rush the process. No one has indicated any scratches, and as I stated earlier, one rider indicated he used an alcohol wipe and removed excessive adhesive, which may have been mistaken for scratches, but were not. I have designed these maps to be durable, and not be affected by weather. The other two maps I found for sale were not durable enough to stand up after a few thousand miles of riding. I appreciate the input, and I designed this product to be durable, and not fall off after a year or two. I wanted something that would last, be attractive, and allow me to document what I love to do.
I would be happy to send you a replacement.

Thanks
Randy

Back