• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Transport

pettynerd

Anybody use a reliable and cheap transport company? My job is relocating me from NH to WI on short notice and I need to ship my 1150RT and two classic MoparÔÇÖs ASAP. Any leads would be helpful.

Cheap and reliable won't work together well. Cheap is where brokers look for trucks with room on them, and get itinerant shippers to move stuff. The brokers like to pretend they are a real company, but when the fecal matter hits the fan (it almost always does..) it becomes obvious they are just brokers with no control over what's actually happening.

For good - motorcycle transport - Keyboard Movers is pretty much the standard other companies are judged by. They are the transport for Victory, and many BMW dealers use them. I've used them and couldn't be more pleased with their service. The bike arrived in perfect condition on time with no fuss at all. All they move is grand pianos and motorcycles.. and they've got specially designed transporters to do just that. It's an impressive company. It may cost you $100 more then a brokered deal on someone's truck, but IMHO - it's worth every penny.

For cars - some of the bigger moving firms offer services, and of course there are services that specialize in moving very high value cars in enclosed special trailers. Not cheap - but the car will get where it's going in the same condition as it left.

Back