• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

flip up helmet lock

jnrugg

I have a top case that is big enough to hold my nolan n103. But when traveling there is stuff in the case.
Because the helmet doesn't have a D ring I was wondering if anyone has a way to lock it to the bike, short of putting a cable through it. But if that is the solution then so be it.

A cable gun lock is perfect. They are small and the cable is long enough to go around the chin bar. It's very versatile as you can attach it to just about any part of the bike. I keep one in my face shield cleaning kit, which lives in a dollar store pencil case.

IMG_1182.jpg

For exactly the same reason (and especially if I'm on the RT-P which has no helmet-sized storage), I carry a cable and a D-ring (caribiner? sp?) with a built-in lock.

If you have a helmet holder on your bike...

... that will hold a D-ring, just thread a spiral key ring on your strap, just behind the microlock. I did this on my Nolan and it worked great until I got my BMW (no helmet holder).

When I had a Nolan 103 I found I could just close the lid of my top case on the Strap with the microlock portion in the case.

I should probably mentioned that one really good thing about the Pacsafe bags is that they cover the helmet and hang it open side down. This means that rain and tall dogs won't fill it with water.

Yep, the bag's hanger is at the top of the helmet so it hangs open side down. As long as the dog doesn't piss up hill, your helmet is safe.

Back