• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2011: The Report

What mud?:bolt

BobsPictures462.jpg

P1010544.jpg

P1010538.jpg

Bob - Can't fool me those (last two for sure) are coming out pictures. Now if someone had time to take pictures while we were sliding along that road, in the mist, on the way in that would be impressive.

BTW: Don't want to scare anyone off, it was entirely doable, but intense on street tires.:eek

Bob - Can't fool me those (last two for sure) are coming out pictures. Now if someone had time to take pictures while we were sliding along that road, in the mist, on the way in that would be impressive.

BTW: Don't want to scare anyone off, it was entirely doable, but intense on street tires.:eek

Last two were coming out. Second was some 'tarmac relief' while the last was just regular ol' damp dirt. The first only looks somewhat challenging - as if one could slide over the edge into the ocean - but it really just LOOKS that way ...... honest. If Mary and I can ride in there two up, ME880's and a one wheel trailer then it can't be that bad. Can it? Just ask anyone from Texas with a GS....:laugh- Bob

BTW, for those thinking about riding this road, it is really only modestly challenging for 80% of times. Rain and recent grader scrapings can add a bit more pucker to the ride.

Hey John :wave You bet we would help ya with the lead sled. You are right about PA Bob there eh... I think it might have took all of us to help him.

Hey John :wave You bet we would help ya with the lead sled. You are right about PA Bob there eh... I think it might have took all of us to help him.

whatayamean 'lead sled'. See picture number two for clarification. You and Drew were clearly the Mud Kings in that environment. Guess that explains all those ruts on our way out. :whistle - Bob

whatayamean 'lead sled'. See picture number two for clarification. You and Drew were clearly the Mud Kings in that environment. Guess that explains all those ruts on our way out. :whistle - Bob

Mac and I were laughing about all you guys riding around the little bumps in the road on the route. The whole parade would weave like a chorus line. :stick

Mac and I were laughing about all you guys riding around the little bumps in the road on the route. The whole parade would weave like a chorus line. :stick

:rofl:rofl:rofl now that's funny. True though. How could anyone want to miss out on this run? (shameless ad) - Bob

Never Been There Before...

And was just follow'in traffic!!! What? There was rough road. :)

Actually I went to a BMW/Guzzi rally in Jersey a few weeks after Salty Fog and the roads into and around the rally were actually worse than the road into Meat Cove, but fortunately not as long. Same deal, they graded the dirt roads and I arrived in the pouring rain. A bunch of experienced guys (not me BTW) laid their bikes down in the mud.

I really can't find an aggressive set of tires that will give the mileage I need. Also after almost 50K on this bike I still can't get used to this big 180mm basically bald tire on the back, seems like something that should be on a steamroller.

Have to go for a lunch ride - bye.:nyah

Nice ride report Bob!

:thumb And wrapped-up plenty early to plan for Sedalia... its only about 90 days till departure for many of us, depending on summer ride plans.
Dara & I hope to take in the TOR (CO) rally before the National. You may have heard me mention this:
" I want to cool my feet before I heat the seat", the CO-MO two step!
Let's gather at Sedalia & share a story.
Three Bowl John... 2011 Salty

:thumb And wrapped-up plenty early to plan for Sedalia... its only about 90 days till departure for many of us, depending on summer ride plans.
Dara & I hope to take in the TOR (CO) rally before the National. You may have heard me mention this:
" I want to cool my feet before I heat the seat", the CO-MO two step!
Let's gather at Sedalia & share a story.
Three Bowl John... 2011 Salty

Sounds like hints of a Salty Fog Alumni gathering! Maybe we should all be part of a 'workshop' at the national? Tourism Nova Scotia said that they will provide whatever info that we need. Cool eh? If not formal then some sort of informal setting .... uh, maybe beer tent or like envrio? BTW, if you want to experience a spectacular two-step then just ask Mary to take you on one around the floor. Sign a med form first!- Bob

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2012 Coming Soon!

Thanks for tuning into our 2011 ride but the 2012 ride will be posted soon in May under a new posting. - Bob and Mary

The Salty at Sedalia....

:wow A gathering to be proud of! 9 of 13 from the 2011 Fog at the MOA Rally.

That was unexpected & exciting to see you there! We had a hoot....
"howl'in at-da-moon"

John & Dara :wave

Nice having the '11 trip featured as a "best of the forum" ride report for July. Bob & Mary Rock!!!

Back