• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Recommended restaurants around Beemerville

beinin

Thought it would be a good time to start a thread on good places to eat!
These are two of my favorites about an hours ride from Beemerville:

Flannigans Irish Pub in Ft. Wayne IN. On the west side of town, take route 24 aka. Jefferson Boulevard to Getz Rd. North on Getz about 200 feet to Covington Rd. West on Covington about 1/4 mile. Flannigans is on your left.

The Rittenhouse in Bluffton IN. Straight west of Lima on hwy. 81 onto IN. 124. Take a left at the stop light in Bluffton onto Main St. The Rittenhouse is two blocks south of the court house your right.

OK Buckeyes' where do you recommend? :D

Bill Eppley
90 K100LT
72 R75/5 "toaster"

Bistro on Main

Located right downtown Lima --- about 5 minutes from the rally site. An upscale restaurant with an antique bar. Small "pub" feel to it with an awesome selection of entrees. And a wine selection that'll knock your socks off.

I love this place!

AGREE...the Bistro is GREAT! Fine wine and other adult beverages. Take a taxi and enjoy the experience.

Riding Like the Wind...

CHASMAN
Black '02 K12RS

p.s. The food is really good too!

From one of my earlier posts
" Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
Can we get a map and recommendations of the local liquor stores?

Also a list of good non chain restaurants would be cool...

They'll have that there, but two of my recommends are
The Bistro on Main (2nd block south of the Square); higher end fare

Burgundys, on Cable Road, very consistent, good quality and price, good atmosphere for fun at the bar.

Head north on 75 to Findlay for Japan West if you like good sushi, etc.

West North Street in Lima has Mark Pi's dine-in (not like the drive-thrus) for good Chinese.

The Kewpee is an absolute must for a hamburger. Go to the original one downtown across from the municipal parking garage, on Elizabeth St.

The Meeting Place on Market St. has good coffees and lunches.

Best Pizza; Fat Jacks, 3 locations.

Looking for a hole in the wall or something off the wall, let me know!

Also, the Thai Restaraunts on Pine St. and on South Main are good.

Just for the record, out the front of the site and left two minutes are all the usual suspects, as well; TacoMcDonaldBurgerPizzaChiliChinese places, as well as Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, etc.
Try Joeys Subs on the square for a Lima icon, as well.
Out on the west side of town (mall area) are a whole additional slew of places, from buffets to chains to..............
Try Milanos across from the mall, a family run place since the 40's (not in the same location!)
The Beef and Bourbon 4 minutes off I-75 on Breese Road in Shawnee (a suburb) has good steaks and a big rockin' bar/dance floor.

Frickers in Findlay offers chicken wings and beer,also have one in Bowling Green and Perrysburg.Mr Beefys in Perrysburg has good barbeque. :drink

Hey Mike, :wave

What's within walking distance of the Beer Garden (less than a mile) and is anything open all nite for an after closing meal??

Thanks,

tb

Bullit 7801 said:

What's within walking distance of the Beer Garden (less than a mile) and is anything open all nite for an after closing meal??

Thanks,

tb

Just scout the area about 1/2 mile west, next to I-75. Should be plenty of stuff there.

Hmmmmmmm I wonder if either of these two deliver:

Fairgrounds Pizza
3161 Harding Hwy
Lima, OH 45804
(419) 222-7009

or
Daryl and Daryl's Pizza
3232 Harding Hwy
Lima, OH 45804
(419) 225-9464

Sue Has it Right - Bistro On Main

If you want a special meal it is the Bistro on Main. It is not hard to find if you know where to look. Find Main Steeet and it is just south of the Convention Center. If you enjoy a glass of wine from someone who knows what they are offering you- it is the Bistro.

As others have indicated Burgandy's is one of the fun places most passer bys will never find. It has grreat food and priced right. When you go in ask for Phil, the owner, and tell him you are with the BMW rally and you will get special treatment.

If you need further direction come by the Hospitality Booth and see me or Howard and we will point you in the RIGHT DIRECTION.

Come on Home to Beemerville, USA

REMEMBER--THE RIDE IS THE DESTINATION

Fred Turner
Co Chairman Hospitality
Dancing :twirl in Lima

Pizza Delivery & Restaurant Info

Daryl & Daryl's, decent Pizza, Free Delivery, Also sandwiches and beverages.
Also this is the location of the state liquor store. 1/4 mile east of site.
Pizza Hut, You know how they are, Delivery.
Papa John's, Chain pizza also, Delivery.
Most Restaurants close by 10:00 P.M., but Taco Bell, and Wendy's open later.
Ralphie's Sports Eatery is by Major motels, 1/2 mile west, Open later, Good food, fair Prices. Really there are all kinds of choices for food, from home style cooking to upscale dining, trust me, food will not be an issue. We'll be able to direct you to style of food you prefer as well as hours of operation at the hospitality booth. And we'll be there from 9:A.M. to 5: P.M. :thumb

Bullit 7801 said:

Thanks,

tb

I'm with the Bullitt Man. I don't drink and ride. I'd enjoy some ribs and a microbrew or two within walking distance? I think if some enterprising locals set up a barbeque pit with ribs and corn on the cob that they would clean up financially at the Rally. Any hope for me? Thanks

Unregistered said:
I'd enjoy some ribs and a microbrew or two within walking distance? I think if some enterprising locals set up a barbeque pit with ribs and corn on the cob that they would clean up financially at the Rally.

This happened at Trenton in 2000. A local company had some of the best Q I've had in a long while and plenty of it for a decent price (back when the exchange was favorable...). These people made a killing.

Ian

Back